12. Time for Truth✔️

Mehra Mansion (Sunday)

It was night time. Nidhi was with Rahul in his room, sitting on the couch, as usual discussing his day. It had become a habit which both of them enjoyed.

Nidhi - "I wanted to talk about something very serious, Rahul."

Rahul - "I am all ears, bhabhi."

Nidhi - "Tell me, your feelings towards Anjali are barely of friendship?"

Rahul - "I...I don't think so...I am falling for her."

Nidhi smiled. She had been waiting for this day. She said, "If this is so, then Mr. Rahul Mehra, you better tell about your past to her."

Rahul - "I told it to her when we were in Mumbai. The day when Anjali and Sara...."

Nidhi - "Everything?"

Rahul - "Ummm....yes....yes bhabhi."

Nidhi - "Rahul."

Rahul - "I did not tell her about drugs. Bhabhi, she will hate me."

Nidhi - "She won't hate you. She is not someone. She is different. She will understand you."

Rahul saw belief in her eyes. He knew his sister in law was right. He sat on the floor and rested his head on her laps. Nidhi smiled and caressed his hairs.

Rahul's room (Same night)

Rahul was resting on his bed thinking about Nidhi's words. He knew that she was saying the truth. If he wanted to have a relationship other than friendship with Anjali, it was necessary for him to say the truth. He knew that Anjali won't judge him. But his heart was afraid. Afraid of losing her friendship. With these thoughts in his mind, he slept.

Mishra house - Anjali's room (same night)

Anjali could not forget the conversation of Rahul and Nidhi. She wanted to ask Rahul the truth but the thought that it could hurt him was frightening her. Her heart wanted to see him happy. She was confused about her feelings. She wanted to sleep but her heart was not letting it happen. The day had been very long and the night was turning out to be longer.

Next day

Rahul was sitting in his cabin at Mehra Industries. He was looking at his mobile screen. Making a decision, he calls Anjali. She answers the call in two rings.

Anjali - "Hey Rahul."

Rahul - "Hi Anjali. What are your plans for the evening? Can we meet after your​ school?"

Anjali - "Yes. Anything special?"

Rahul - "No. Something important. Will tell you when we meet. Bye."

Anjali - "Bye."

Rahul's POV

I had decided to meet Anjali and tell her the truth. God knows how she will take it. I was afraid of her reaction. But this had to be done.

At 2 pm, I left the office and drove to Anjali's school. She was waiting for me. She sat in the passenger seat and I drove to the mall. When we reached, she gave me a puzzled expression. I drove the car to the parking lot. I parked the car. She was about to open the door when I stopped her.

"Anjali, I want to tell you something. We are here because we will have complete privacy here."

Anjali - "What is it, Rahul?"

I started narrating her everything. How I got introduced to drugs? How bhabhi found about my habit? How she forced me to leave it? Everything. After I was done, I looked at her.

My world crashed into pieces. I knew it was a terrible shock to digest. Maybe Anjali is same like other girls who turned to be judgmental. My head swag towards the shoulder. I wished, to go back and recollect the words I have told her a few minutes ago. Don't know why the emotionless face of hers killed me.

And then she did the most unexpected thing..

____________________________________________________________

Please vote, comment and share.