18 (NEW)

"What the hell, Cameron? I know I let you walk around the office all you want but this? This time? This time has crossed the line. This is too fucking much,"Matt shouted at Cameron, his body vibrating with his anger. Looking at his livid face across the table, Cameron couldn't find anything to say in rebuttal. He could just sink into his seat.

He knew how possessive Matt was, obsessively so in his opinion, so there was no way that he would come out of this unscathed. Even though he hadn't seen anything, having turned around the moment he realised what he had walked in on, Matt wouldn't let this slide.

To be honest, though, he didn't blame the man. If this had been him and his girlfriend, no man would come out of the room alive. As to why Sharon popped up when he talked about girlfriend, he shelved it aside for later consideration.

"Just what is so important that you just had to barge in? Is your life in danger? Anyone in the hospital? Are deaths going to happen if you didn't come in right this minute?" Cameron was barely holding in his wince. Matt was really flailing him with the sharp side of his tongue. Any chance or opportunity to cut in was blocked by his scathing remarks. "Oh, I know. Maybe it's about money. I mean, since your career is in the dumps-"

"Not. Another. Word,"Cameron growled, his own anger flaring into existence. Any guilt or remorse was erased by that attack.

"Or what? You're going to punch me? With your busted shoulder? I'm going to feel that so much,"Matt cried mockingly, leaning over him across the table, his arms braced atop the table. Shooting to his feet, Cameron leaned against the table as well, until their faces were almost touching.

The air in the room was rife with their rage. Even the busy New York traffic was silent, as if not wanting o get into them. Glaring at each other, none of them made a move.

Cameron was aware that Matt was holding himself back. He was as well. But it wasn't for the lack of want. He was aching to rearrange that stupid face, his hands curling into fists on the table edge. He was sure Matt wanted to do the same thing. He saw how tense Matt's forearm was, almost straining against his own skin.

But they both stayed their fists.

For Cameron, as much as he wanted to let his fist fly, he knew that Sharon was going to say something. And the very thought of Sharon looking at him in disappointment drained the urge.He was already here against her wishes. There was no way he was going to add another strike against himself.

But even as he acknowledged this, he didn't know what to do. Looked like his agent was still mad, barely keeping himself back; he was not going to make the first move. And it chafed to even think about being the first. His pride refused to let him do it but-

"Look,"Cameron said, letting out a sigh. It was a cathartic sigh, where he . His muscles lost their tension and he was able to drop into his chair. "I didn't mean to walk in on you and I'm sorry. I would never have crossed that door if I'd known. Like, who needs the sight of your scrawny ass ingrained in their minds? Dude, I have seen a lot of asses and yours is seriously the scrawniest. It is a worry. What will Cindy think? You've got to get you butt game up. Do more squats. Maybe up the weight-"

Cameron was sick about talking about butts. It was worth it, though, when the anger slowly left Matt and his body visibly relaxed. As he continued talking about butt-improvement exercises, Matt took a seat in his own chair and waited for him to stop.

"Are you done?"he asked when Cameron was catching his breath. Meekly nodding, Cameron waited for him to say something. "Putting aside this issue of my scrawny butt, can you tell me why you are here, Cam? Is this about Sharon?"

"Yeah. How did you know?"

"Sharon mentioned it to me this morning." Cameron was surprised. He hadn't expected that. But now that he knew, he was wary for a counterattack. Although he should have prepared for all eventuality. "So what do you want to say about this?"