22 (NEW)

"I think that's all that I can help with. Everything else depends on your meeting with them,"Sharon said, sitting back into her chair. Her back cracked loudly upon hitting the back, startling her. But it was to be expected since they had been discussing over the counter for the past -glancing at the clock closeby and blanching- hour and a half.

Hour and a half? No wonder her body felt stiff and achy. Pulling her arms up to stretch her back, her eyes happened to glance to the side and her back straightened immediately. Her arms by her side, she turned hesitantly to Cameron.

"H-hey, Cameron. Everything alright?"she asked meekly. She knew, she knew, that was not the type of question to ask but nothing else came to mind.

"Alright? Alright?!"he yelled. Leaning back slightly, she awkwardly tapped her thigh. Logan was silent. He was so angry. His brows were furrowed together and he looked so tense that she could almost see his vein throbbing in his neck. "The both of you ignore me for hours and you ask that? Are you kidding me?"

"It-it's not for hours. We were talking for barely an hour and a half-"

"Oh, just an hour. One hour. And, let's not forget, a half. Right, right. Only that long. That's fine. Fine. You know with the food is growing colder by the minute and I was being ignored. But. Again. That's fine. Fine. I mean, I'm sure you're also fine if I do the same to you."

"Well, I'd find something else to do during that time. Like eat. I won't just stay at the side doing nothing,"she returned.

"Ah, maybe you shouldn't have said that- ahem." It was quite a sight to see a grown man cowed into silence. And from a single glare from Cameron. But there was no time to enjoy it.

"Am I wrong for thinking it wouldn't take long?"

"Of course not. But once it passed a certain time, surely you'd see there's no point waiting."

"Really? In that case, I'll be doing other things now. Since there's no point waiting." Then, as if ignoring the bag of food, Cameron stalked off, heading to the exit.

She was flabbergasted. How could he leave without eating? The smell coming from the bag had been tickling and tempting her senses the moment it had arrived. Only her obligation to Logan made her ignore them.

And he had left without his phone and wallet. Was he meeting someone? In that case, she didn't care. He could do his stuff and she would do hers. And since he left without eating, she was going to eat his food.

"Let's eat,"she told Logan, getting to her feet and taking the food out. "What did you order for me?"

"Wait. Aren't you going after him?"Logan asked incredulously.

"Why? He's a grown man. He's free to do whatever he wants. And if he wants to skip dinner, so be it." She couldn't deny that she was concerned but since he had spewed all that vitriol on her, she wasn't going to bother. Why was so angry anyway? Unconsciously slamming the container of bread on the table, she gnashed her teeth.

"Woah, keep it together. But you can't deny that you were a bit harsh there. He waited for you. And what did he get? No appreciation and the implication that he's dumb."

"I didn't imply that he was dumb. He's not dumb. Why would you say that?" Shocked, she was lost. What had she done wrong? She was just presenting her opinion. Why was Logan against her as well? Trying to explain, she continued. "I appreciate him waiting for me but there was no need to torture himself. He could have eaten while waiting-"

"Are you serious? Of course he waited. He obviously wants to eat with you. I mean, seriously, what kind of relationship do the two of you have? Don't all boyfriends want to eat with their girlfriends?"