Chapter Four

Hey Guys!! There are six views!! I know, its not much, but I'm sooo happy! Please, please, PLEASE comment of how you liked it and PLEASE leave suggestions!

•••

It was finally the first weekend on which we could go to Hogsmade. Me and James were going to have our first trip of the year together. I can't wait. Yesterday, me and Marilyn were still arguing about James. Marilyn suddenly thought that I had liked James, as if more than friends, but I can't seem to think that's possible. Well, he was handsome with hazel eyes and raven hair that stuck up in all places, and he would give you this smile, the one that makes you want to kiss him . . . no. Lily, stop.
After I got up, I put on a pair of jeans with my gold and red jumper and black flats. I put on some makeup and left my hair down and wavy. I grabbed my jacket, just in case it was chilly, and headed down to the common room. It was seven forty five and James was already waiting for me.

"Hey. Do you want to go get breakfast?" He asked me with his smile.

"Yeah, sure. Are you ready for our first trip to Hogsmade?" I said eagerly.

"Yeah, of course! Is it ok if we meet up with everyone at the three broomsticks for lunch?"

"Yeah, sounds good to me."

"Cool."

When we got to the actual common room for the gryfindors, Sirius and Marilyn were sitting at the desks, opposite of each other, and they were talking in low tones.

" . . . I know Lily. She's fallen, Sirius, I'm telling ya. We've been here for only a couple of weeks and I've caught her staring at Jam- oh, hey guys! What're you doing today?" Said Marilyn.

"We're going to go to Hogsmade today." Said James happily. Marilyn looked at me and raised her eyebrows. Sirius grinned, and looked back and forth between me and James. Ugh.

They were talking about us. I think Sirius and Marilyn are trying to plan and get me and James together. Well, the can't fool Lily Evans.

"Cool, cool. Me and Sirius are going to Hogsmade together, too. We're meeting up for lunch, right? In the three broomsticks?" Asked Marilyn.

"Yup. Let's go!" James yelled.

•••

Once we finished breakfast, me and James left and walked down the road to hogsmade.  We talked about quidditch and our classes, and then James asked me about me and my family. "Well, me and my parents are close, but my sister, Petunia, just thinks I'm a freak. She's hated me ever since I started going to Hogwarts." I said sadly. He stopped and turned to me, and gave me a sad look.

"Your sister treats you like that? I wouldn't think that someone would ever treat you like that.  I mean, your funny, and clever, and smart, and loyal, and beautiful and everything that's needed in an amazing person like you." He said, smiling at me with that smile that made my stomach flip. I smiled right back and hugged him.

"Thanks, James. I really needed that." I smiled.

"Well, to me, I think that it's right to tell the truth. Do you want to go to the honeydukes?" He said, smiling.

"Yeah." As we walked into the candy shop, I picked out some chocolate frogs and caldron cakes. James insisted that he paid, and I tried to tell him that it wouldn't be fair, and tried to pay for myself, but he wouldn't let me, and I glared at him. After that, we went into Zonko's joke shop, and after that, into the Three Broomsticks, because it was already that time. Me and James sat down at a booth for six, waiting for the rest of their friends to get there.

"So . . . how's Quidditch going?" I asked awkwardly. He looked at me, surprised I would want to talk about Quidditch.

"Oh, it's going great! I just got a new keeper and beater. Our first match of the season is in a couple of weeks. This year, I'm team captain, so we're practicing more often, and harder, to win the Quidditch cup."

"Well, I'm excited for it! I like watching Quidditch, but I've never been, you know, actually interested in playing it." I told him, making conversation. Then, Sirius, Remus, Peter, Marilyn, Alice and Frank walked in. Alice and Frank came over and said hi, and then went to find a table for two, because they we on a date.

"Hey guys. How's it going?" Asked Marilyn, looking at me with a weird smile on her face, raising her eye brows.

"It's going good. We went into honeydukes and then Zonko's." James told Sirius, Remus and Peter, smiling at me. I smiled back, and Marilyn gave me a look, as if saying, 'I told you so'.

"Do you dear's want anything to drink?" Madam Rosemerta asked.

"Four butterbeers, please." Remus told her, one for himself, one for Sirius, one for Peter and one for Marilyn. We talked about what the first Quidditch match will be like, we talked about our new herbology teacher, Ms. Sprout, who is kind and knows what she's talking about. We talked about our NEWTS and what we want to do as our jobs when we're out of Hogwarts. We talked until we hadn't noticed the time, and it was almost dinner time.

We headed back up to Hogwarts together. We all laughed at James' and Sirius' jokes, and when we reached the big doors where we enter the castle, James pulled me aside, and said to the others to go on without them, because he wanted to tell me something.

"What was it that you needed?" I asked him, still smiling.

"I just wanted to say that I had a great time today."

"Oh, me too! Do you want to go together next visit?" I asked him without even thinking. I smiled at him, as he smiled at me.

"Well, of course! I can't see why I wouldn't say yes, Lily."

"Good." I told him, and he gave me that smile that he had been giving me for the last month. The one that made me want to kiss him. Wait, no, you can't like him. Wait, no, you can like him. H's changed into a good person, and I haven't seen him prank or curse anyone at all. Well, maybe I do like him a little, but I'll have to talk to Marilyn and Alice about it first. But not yet. I want to keep this secret to myself before I tell anyone. Maybe when I'm ready to tell them, I might have figured out what feelings I have for him.

•••

Hey guys! Sorry, it's kinda boring this chapter, but I will try to make it more interesting in the next few chapters!

Bye!!

Sincerely,

readingsquid