Chapter Seven

A couple weeks had passed after Gryffindor had one their first game. I mostly was either in class or in the library studying. I had one of the prefect and head meetings tonight, and we are going to plan the upcoming Halloween ball.

"Come on Lily! We have to get to dinner, so we can get to that meeting," Alice whispered. We had spent almost the entire Sunday studying in the library. I rolled my eyes, but went with Alice to the Great Hall. I sat down next to James.

"Hey. Where have you been? I haven't seen you all day?" James asked me.

"I've been in the library studying." I replied. James and Sirius were down on the Quidditch field, practicing.

"But we don't have our NEWTS until the end of the year. It's October 5th."

"Yes, I know, but I also had lost of homework to sort out." I told him. He nodded in agreement.

"When's the meeting again?" He asked, a mouthful of food.

"At 7:30. In . . ." I looked at my watch. "10 minutes."

After 10 minutes, me, Alice, James and Remus went to Professor McGonagall's classroom, where she would tell us what we would need to sort out.

When we got there, all of the other prefects of the houses were all standing in different corners of the room. The Slytherin prefects, Lucius and Narcissa, were whispering in the far right corner. The Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw prefects, Amos Diggory and Cassandra Abott, for Hufflepuff, and Greggory Chang and Pandora Kings, for Ravenclaw, were all standing and talking in a group.

We walked in and started talking, waiting for Professor McGonagall to come and give them instructions. 2 minutes had passed before she came in.

"Attention students!" She said, and everyone turned to her.

"Now, we need the time for when it will start and end, we will need the music times, the food and drink preparations, who will be able to attend and what the apparel will be. Mr. Potter and Ms. Evans, I will ask you to sort out who will do what. I will be back in about an hour." Said McGonagall. We nodded, and she turned and left.

"Okay. Lucius and Narcissa, can you sort out the music?" I asked them. Narcissa nodded, but Lucius glared. Narcissa wasn't as bad as the rest of the Slytherins, but I had heard that she had joined up with Voldemort with Severus and Lucius.

"Pandora and Greggory, can you guys do the food and drink preparations?" They both nodded as well.

"And Amos and Cassandra, can you do who will be able to attend?" They nodded.

"And last but not least, Alice and Remus, you guys will do when it will start and end."

"Well, lets get started." James said. We sat at one of the desks and I pulled out some parchment and we got to work on what the apparel would be.

•••

After an hour, McGonagall came back and we gave her everything that we had worked on. Me, James, Alice and Remus went to mine and James' common room to study.

"Hey, Lils, can you test this on me?" James said in frustration.

"Yeah" I said, getting up and walking over to his desk. He hands me a deck of cards, with charms spells on them. I say all the spells out and he does them all correct. After I test James, I go back to my own studying. When I check my watch again, its almost 12:00.

"Woah. Its midnight." I say. The three of them look up.

"Well, I'm tired. I'm going to bed. Goodnight." Alice says, yawning.

"Yeah, me too. Night." Remus says, following Alice out of the portrait.

I stretch, yawn and say, "Goodnight James." He looks at me, looks me in the eyes with those hazel eyes, and smiles, saying, "Goodnight Lils."

•••

The next morning, I sit at the Gryffindor table with Marilyn, Remus, Frank, Alice, James, Sirius and Peter. Peter hasn't been around much anymore. I hadn't seen him since close to the end of September. It was October 8th. He said he's been sick in the hospital wing, but that he was better now.

"Mails here." Marilyn said yawning. She was up late studying with us last night. I looked up and saw all of the owls soaring throughout the hall, and smiled. An owl went by and dropped a letter with a ministry seal on the front of the letter.

My stomach dropped. People only got these letters when something bad had happened. I could tell it had something to do with my family. I slowly opening it, my mouth hanging open.

Dear Ms. Evans,
I am sorry to say that your parents, Mrs and Mr Evans have been murdered by How-must-not-be-named. Your sister, Petunia Evans, is alive, as she was somewhere else at the time. You will have some time to mourn your family.

Sincerely,

Mafalda Hopkirk

The tears come before I expect them, and I cover my mouth, trying to wipe away the tears. I leave the paper, and get up and run, run, all the way to the Astromany tower. I find the empty classroom, and curl up and cry.

After only five minutes later, someone enters, slides down next to me and puts their arm around me, hugging me up close to him. I know who it is.

"Your going to be okay, Lils." James whispers in my ear. I lean my head into his chest and cry and sob, no caring that he's seeing me cry.

•••

Hey guys! I have 35 views! Sorry, its shorter than my usual, but its Harry Potter weekend, so I was watching it. Even though Harry Potter is on a lot, ITS HARRY POTTER. Well, lets change gears. I have 34 reads!! Thank you all for giving my "book" chance! Please vote, hope you everything I've written! And remember. LEAVE SUGGESTIONS.

Sincerely,

not readingsquid

DragonLea