Chapter Eight

After, 30 minutes, I think, I fell asleep, and I could tell that when James moved, he picked me up. I woke up and told him that I could walk, but he insisted that he would carry me. I let him. When we reached the common room, he said the password, and walked up the staircase to my room, with me in his arms.

He laid me down on my bed, and just as he turned to leave, I grabbed his hand. His hazel eyes looked back at me.

"Don't go. Please." I croaked. My throat was scratchy from the crying. I cleared it.

"Okay." He whispered.

I scooted over, and he laid down next to me and put his arm around me, hugging me closer to him. I put my head on his chest, and fell asleep, trying not to think of the bad

•••

I woke up, and James was gone. I sat up, rubbing my eyes and yawning. And then it hit me. I just slept with James Potter. Surely James will tell Sirius who will tell Marilyn who will tell Alice who will tell Frank, and of course I trust Sirius, Marilyn, Alice and Frank, but someone will overhear, and then the wildfire will start.

I went to my bathroom, and looked at myself in the mirror. Eyeshadow was all over my face, with tear streaks. My hair was in knots. I decided to take a shower. When I got in, I let the water fall over me, run down my back, soak my hair, wash the makeup from my face.

Later, I got out and dried my hair with my wand, put some fresh eyeshadow and blush on, and I wore a pair of blue jeans, my same black flats, and a sliver t-shirt and a red zip-up sweatshirt.

When I walked down the stairs, my heart beating fast, think that James and the rest of the Marauders would be there, talking about what had happened. But I just found James, sitting at his desk, reading through a potions book, and writing down something on parchment.

"Hey." I said quietly. He turned, smiled, and said, "Hey. How are you? Do you want me to get you anything? Tea?" He asked, getting up and walking towards me. He put his hands on my shoulders.

"You know, you can always talk to me. You know, if you need to." I smiled. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him on the cheek.

"You know, you've been here for me, and I feel so grateful to have someone like you, James." I told him, putting my arms by my sides.

"Well, I'll always be here for you." And then I kissed him. It was unexpected, but sweet, and even though it's October 8th, I wonder why it took so long for this. He lifted me up off the ground and I held tighter to him. After 15 seconds, he set me down and we broke apart, both smiling at each other.

"Do you want to talk?" He whispered. I shook my head. He said, "Well, do you want to head down to breakfast? See Marilyn and Alice and Remus?" I nodded. Even though my parents had died yesterday, but I knew I couldn't stay away from my friends. We walked down to the Great Hall, hand in hand.

When we walked into the Great Hall, Marilyn and Alice ran towards me and hugged me.

"Oh, Lily, are you okay? How are you?" Marilyn said.

"Lily, I'm so sorry, is there anything we can do?" Alice said.

"I'm doing fine, guys. I guess I am just going to need some time with you guys, and it'll get better. I know it." I told them. We walked to the Gryffindor table and sat down. I sat next to James and Marilyn, with Alice right in front of me.

I held James's hand under the table, knowing that if everyone knew that me and James were . . . together, I guess, that it would just create more drama. And to be honest, I really don't need that right now.

•••

Remus, Sirius and Peter walked into the Great Hall, looking a bit grim. Remus sat next to Alice, and Sirius and Peter on the other side of her.

"How are you feeling Lily?" Remus asked me.

"Yeah, how's it going." Sirius asked.

"I'm fine. I just need some time." I told them. We all stayed quiet for the rest to breakfast. We went to charms class, where we were just reviewing spells for our NEWTS. It kept going on like that for the rest of the classes that day.

•••

It was a few weeks after my parents death, and it was getting closer to the Halloween dance. I was felling better and better, but I still had nightmares about it and woke up crying. I am trying to look to the best of things. That seemed to help.

Me and James still hadn't told anyone about us, but that, I guess was the way we liked it.

I am sitting at the Gryffindor table, talking with Marilyn and Alice about some homework, when James, Frank and Sirius walk in. Sirius looks at me with a funny grin on his face, and then that's when I know that they're up to something. I keep talking but I keep a close eye on them.

They talk with each other for about a minute, and then set off towards us. All three of them stand up on the table, and I fully turn my head and look at them. So do Alice and Marilyn.

"I, James Potter," James yells.

"I, Sirius Black," Sirius yells.

"And I, Frank Longbottom." Frank yells.

"Would like to ask Lily Evans to the dance." James finishes.

"Would like to ask Marilyn Kinnd to the dance." Sirius finishes.

"Would like to ask Alice Prewett to the dance." Frank finishes.

All three of our faces grow a to bright red. The entire Great Hall is silent, waiting for our answers.

"Oh, Frank, of course! And I told you, you didn't even need to ask! I would have gone with you even if you hadn't asked!" Alice says, smiling.

"Of course I will!" Marilyn says, also smiling. And then there's just me left. I grin.

"James, of course I will." I say, and when I look around, I see some people handing over knuts and galleons, some girls glaring at me, but mostly, people clapping and cheering. I stand up and when James comes towards me and kisses me, in front of the entire school.

And I don't care that it happened, but after we pulled away, my face was so red, it blended into my hair.

•••

Hey guys! Sorry I didn't have too much of where it talked about Lily's parents' deaths, its just really hard for me to write sad parts. But anyway, thanks for reading! I have 37 views! Please vote and comment on how you like it! And leave suggestions.

Sincerely,

DragonLea