Chapter Fourteen

There's a knock at the door.

"Come in." I say, not looking up from my homework.

"Hey, Lils. What're you doing?" James asks.

"I'm just doing my homework for the holiday." I say, finally closing my spell book, with my parchment acting as a bookmark.

"Oh. Do you want to come and hang out with me and Sirius?"

"Yeah, sure." I get up off my bed, and walk across the hall into James and Sirius's room. The room is bigger than mine, and much more different in color. Both beds are red and gold, there are two separate desks, both black, and the wall is almost entirely covered in moving pictures of Quidditch teams. I go and sit at one of the desks.

The desk has lots of pieces of parchment on it, a few books, and few pictures. One, is of the four of them, James, Sirius, Remus and Peter. They're by the black lake, and they're all laughing at something. Another is a picture of his Mum and Dad, both smiling. And last, the most surprising, is a picture of me. I smile and look up at James.

"I didn't know you have a picture of me." I say.

"Well, I always have pictures of the people that matter most to me." He said simply.

"Nice," I say, standing up and pushing in the chair. "Where's Sirius?" I say, looking around.

"He went down to the kitchen to get some food." James said, taking a step towards me.

"Surprising." I say, taking a step forward as well.

"Yeah, that's Sirius." He says. I close the space between us, pushing my lips on his. It's warm, and short, and sweet. I felt like only a second when someone says, "I see I've interrupted something." We both pull away, blushing a bit, to see Sirius standing in the doorway, grinning like an idiot, holding food in his arms.

"Padfoot!" James growls.

"What? I didn't know you two would be snogging when I came back!" Sirius says, dropping the food on one of the beds and throwing his hands in the air in defeat.

"Whatever. What have you nicked?" James asked, looking through the pile of food Sirius had dropped onto the bed.

"A few Cauldron Cakes, some Chocolate Frogs, a couple Fizzing Whizbees and 3 bottles of Butterbeer."

"Cool." James said, stuffing a Chocolate Frog into his mouth.

•••

~James POV~

"Hey, Dad?" I ask, my hands shaking slightly.

"Yes?" He said, looking up from his Daily Prophet.

"Um - er - I was just wondering - um - well, I want to propose to Lily, but I don't know how to, or - er - get the ring, so I - um - could you help me out?" I stutter, looking down. He stood up, walked over to me, and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Of course I'll help you out, James. We can go look for a ring now."

"Can we bring Sirius?"

"Of course we can bring Sirius! I mean, he wouldn't be too happy if he found out we went without him."

"Yeah. I'll go get him." I say, turning and sprinting out of the room, up the stairs and into our room. He's pacing the room, while Lily sits at my desk.

"Hey, Lils, um, my - er - Mom wants you to help make dinner with her." I say, making up something so she'll be distracted when we leave.

"Oh, really? That sounds great!" She says, getting up, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek and leaving the room. Once I can hear her foot steps fade away, I start to tell Sirius about my plan.

"Padfoot, me and Dad are going to a muggle jewelry store. Do you want to come?" I ask quickly.

"Yeah, sure. Wait, why do you want to go to a muggle jewelry store?" He says as we walk out of the bed room.

"Well," I start in a whisper. "I think I'm going to propose to Lily soon, and I need a ring."

"Really? Wait, I'm your Best Man, right?" He said, elbowing me in the gut.

"Only if she says yes."

"Don't be ridiculous, Prongs, of course she'll say yes."

"But what if she says no?"

"Prongs, if you thought she wouldn't say yes at all, you wouldn't ask. Right?"

"Right, yeah."

•••

(Still James POV)

"Hi, how can I help you?" A lady with short brown hair asks us.

"Hi, were looking for a wedding ring for this young man's lovely lady!" Dad says, motioning towards me.

"Well, if you follow me, I will show you where all our wedding rings are!" She said cheerily, walking towards the right side of the room, as we followed. There is a long glass counter, and behind the glass is tons of rings. There are so many pearly white rings, some with just one big flawless diamond, some with small ones wrapping around it.

"Just let me know when you find one you like." She said, then quickly walking off to help the next customer.

"Wow. These are expensive." Sirius says.

"Yeah, but Lily's worth it." I say, grinning.

"Your so cheesy, Prongs." We look for almost half and hour when I find something.

"What about this one?" I say, pointing to one behind the glass. It's a gold band, with a small, sparkling white diamond on the front. On the other side of the ring, it said, 'love' in cursive.

"Yeah, she'd love it." Sirius said, grinning. He waved the lady over, and she asked, "Have you found one you like?" I nodded. "Which one?" I pointed to the ring I had chosen. She picked the ring from its small stand, put it in a small black, velvet case, put it in a small bag, and then said, "The ring will be €358.99.My jaw dropped.

"Here." I said, handing her the muggle money.

"Thank you! Have a good day!" She said cheerily. When we apparate back home, I shove the small box into my pocket and vanish the small bag (Vanishing Spell).

"I didn't think jewelry was so expensive," I muttered to Sirius a we walked into the house.

"Where have you guys been?" Lily asks as we walk into the kitchen.

"We went - er -" I try, but Sirius cuts me off.

"Shopping."

"Shopping?" Lily asks disbelievingly.

"Yes."

"Okay, sure." She says, even though the look she gives us, I know she doesn't believe us.

"Come on, dears, dinner is ready!" Mum says, and we all sit down to dinner, Lily still giving me funny looks.

•••

Hey guys! I have 212 reads approximately, and I'm so happy and thankful! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I have just been on a long vacation where I didn't have any service/WIFI. I really hope you like the chapter! And, please comment if you liked the 'James POV' and if I should continue with different POV's, or I should just go back to just 'Lily POV'. Please vote, and leave suggestions! Comment on how you like it! And, I've been thinking of doing another Fan-fic, and I cant decide which one I should do: a Remus + Tonks; Harry + Ginny; Ron + Hermione; etc.

Sincerely,

DragonLea