Chapter Ten

I walked into the Great Hall, and my jaw dropped. There were huge pumpkins all around the Hall. The lights were occasionally changing color, from purple to orange to green. All four of the house tables were gone, and there stood smaller tables. Where the teachers would normally sit, there was a big stage, and 'The Weird Sisters' were playing their hit, 'Do the Hippogriff'. On both the left and the right side of the Hall, there was tables full of desserts and drinks. for the most part of the Hall, it was open and there were people slow dancing, some jumping up and down to the music.

"Woah. I mean, I knew we decided what it would be, but I never imagined . . ." I trailed off.

"Well, come on! Lets go!" Sirius said, taking Marilyn's hand, and dashing onto the dance floor. Remus smiled at them, and James took my hand, and led me towards Sirius, Marilyn, Frank and Alice. He beckoned to Remus. When Remus didn't come, James yelled, "Oi! Moony! Come on!"

He then came over, because James' yelling had attracted some people's attention, and Remus didn't like attention like James or Sirius do.

"Come on, Moony, have some fun!" Sirius said.

After a while, I got tired and had to go to sit down at a table. I looked over at the Hall entrance, and Alice and Frank walked in, holding hands, and smiling at each other. Oh! Alice must've told him! I thought. They both came and sat next to me.

"Hey! Oh, Alice did you?!" I asked her, looking from Frank to Alice. They both nodded, and I squealed a "Yes! Yes yes yes!"

"You were right, Lils." She told me, and Frank kissed her on the cheek. I smiled at them. Frank took Alice's hand, and pulled her over on the dance floor. There was a slow song, and couples all around were slow dancing to the music. James came up from behind me, and pulled me with him onto the floor.

"Hey." He said confidently, grinning.

"Hey. Can I . . . Yes, I think I will." I said. I put my hand to his hair, and ruffled it, like he does about a million times a day. When I put my hand down, he put his hand to his hair, and smiled.

"I would mostly tell people off for touching my hair, but I don't mind if you do." He said, pulling me closer.

"Well, get used to it. Since I just did it, I'm going to be doing it a lot more often." I said, blushing.

"Your quite the dancer." James said, after a little bit of staring at each other, smiling.

"Oh, thanks. I could say the same,"

"Thanks. I was practicing earlier."

"With who?"

"Sirius." We both laughed and looked at Sirius and Marilyn, dancing a few feet away from us. They were looking into each others eyes and grinning from ear to ear.

"Sirius cant stop talking about Marilyn whenever I go and visit the Marauders in my old dormitory. I cant see how Moony and Wormtail deal with it."

"I know you call them those nicknames: Padfoot if Sirius; Moony is Remus; and Wormtail is Peter; but . . . why are those their nicknames?"

"Well, its a long story . . ."

"You don't have to tell me, I just was wondering."

"No, I want to tell you, but, I have to have Remus, Sirius and Peter with me."

"Alright." We kept dancing, until the song ended. After a couple hours, Alice, Frank, Marilyn, Sirius and Remus went back to the Gryffindor common room, while me and James had went back to our own common room.

"I had a fun time tonight." I told James, at the bottom of my staircase.

"Me too. Do you want to, you know, hang out tomorrow?"

"Well, of course. And, you already asked me that."

"Yeah, juts making sure."

"Yeah."

"A goodnight kiss?" He asked, grinning cockily.

"Why not?" I said, as I kissed him. It was light, and warm, and short. After 5 seconds, I pulled away, and said, "Goodnight, James."

"Goodnight, Lily."

I went up to my room, smiling to myself. Today was one of the best in my entire life. Being with my friends, having fun on the dance floor, studying with Alice, Peter and Remus. Alice telling me that she loved Frank. Seeing Marilyn and Sirius so happy together. Getting to hang out with James, since I haven't been able to see him much.

I go into my bathroom, and look at myself in the mirror. My makeup looks like it needs a touch up. My hair is in a few small knots, but it doesn't look too bad. I take a shower and let my makeup wash off my face. Let my hair soak.

When I get out, I put on some pajamas, leave the dress and shoes on my desk in my room, and get into my bed, and fall into a dreamless sleep.

•••

Hey guys! Sorry this is so short. I really wanted to update today, but I guess its now Tuesday, so, happy 4th! Vote and leave suggestions!

Sincerely,

DragonLea