Chapter Seventeen

Hey guys! So, I'm am going to have the story go foreword a few months so now in the story, they have about a month left of school. And, please leave some suggestions on how James will propose. I'm thinking of on the roof of Hogwarts on the last day, where they first officially said 'I love you.'. IDK just a thought! Well then, on with the fanfic!

•••

~James POV~

A little more than four months had passed, and I could tell Lily was getting more and more impatient. She wanted to know what I had gotten her. But, of course, I will not tell her! Well, not yet, of course. Just then, she walked into the common room, smiling.

"Hey, Lils," I say. "What's got you so happy?"

"Oh, nothing." She said dreamily, sitting down in a chair across from me at my desk.

"Okay . . ."

"What're you doing?" She asked.

"Homework. And will you just tell me what you were doing before you came in here?"

"Okay, fine . . . I just realized something amazing. And will you tell me what you bought me? I don't want to wait another month!" She whined.

"Okay, I'll tell you the type of object I got you, just not exactly what I got you. It's jewelry. But that's all I'm telling you."

"Well, that's not fair! You aren't supposed to buy me fancy and expensive gifts!" She says.

"I'm your boyfriend," She smiles at this, making me smile as well. "I can buy you anything I want, whether its really cheap or really expensive."

"Ugh. I'm going to go study."

"For what?"

"NEWTS, of course!"

"Those are weeks away!"

"Three weeks, James, I am not failing my NEWTS!" She turned to leave.

"Even if you didn't study, you'll still pass with all O's, because your just that smart." She smiled.

"Thanks James. But I still have you go," She blew me a kiss. "I'll see you later. Love you!"

"Love you!"

~Lily POV~

"Love you!" I yelled over my shoulder.

"Love you!" I walked out of the portrait, smiling. Alice and Marilyn were standing right outside, and I blushed, saying, "What?". I could tell that they were just going to walk in.

"So, your in love with James?" Alice said as we walked own the empty corridor.

"Of course I am!" I said, blushing even more.

"Well you never told us that!" Marilyn replied.

"Well, in my defense, we all know that your in love with Sirius, but you haven't told me or Alice that." I said.

"Hey, I am not in love with Sirius!"

"Sure, Mar. Note my sarcasm." Alice says agreeing. Marilyn just blushed deeply and we walked the rest of the way to the library in silence. The library was mostly quiet, except for a few whisperers of students and the sound of Madam Pince stalked around the library, scolding . . . literally anyone. For talking; for messing around; for putting books back in the wrong spot; even touching the books!

I sat down at one of the tables, took out some parchment, my quill, some ink, my books. Marilyn sat down next to me, doing the same thing, and Alice went looking for a book.

•••

I checked my watch, and I gasped when I saw the time. We had been there for nearly six hours. Madam Pince glared at me, shaking her head. I nudged Alice and Marilyn, and they nodded. I put my books and parchment and quill in my bag, and we left to go to dinner. I sat next to James, Marilyn next to Sirius, and Alice on my other side.

"Hey," James said through a mouthful of food. "Where've you been? Have you three really been in the library for six hours?" He asked.

"Yes." I say.

"Wow. Thats a lot of studying." I nod. After dinner, Sirius and Marilyn left to go somewhere by themselves, probably to go snog in some broom cupboard, Remus, Alice, Frank and Peter went to go study before curfew, and me and James had rounds to do.

After about thrty minutes, I decided to say something.

"James?"

"Yes, Lily-Flower?"

"Umm, I was ondering . . . what are we going to do after Hogwarts? We'll both be really busy with work, and, I dont know if you've heard about the Order of the Phoenix, but, I'mm thinking I want to join it." I said slowly.

"Well, yes, I have heard of the Order, and I'm going to join it. And, Lils, I thought that we would move in together after Hogwarts." The knot in my stomach slightly loosened.

"Okay. I was just . . . afraid that maybe we wouldn't be able to stay together." I admitted.

"Lils, no matter what, I'm not going to let you go,"

"Dont get sappy on me now, James." I kissed his lips lightly, smiling. He snaked his arms around my waist pulling me close. I put my arms around his neck, my fingers tangled in his messy hair. When we pulled away, James had a goofy grin on his face.

Later, walking back to our common room, we heard something in a broom cupboard. James's face lit up when I pointed at the closet, and he put his finger to his mouth, muttering, "Shh," He put his hand on he put his hand on the door knob, putting up one finger, two fingers, and then opened it.

Marilyn and Sirius were there, cozied up against each other, snogging. They obviously didn't notice that the door had opened, so James said, "Having fun?" They both pulled away and looked up, and Sirius immediately got up and chased James all the way to our common room, and I could see that Sirius tackled James.

"Lils! What're you doing?!" Marilyn asked as we walked towards our common room.

"We were doing rounds, and, I don't know if you know, but you're not supposed to be out of your dorm or the Gryffindor common room."

"We haven't been snogging that long . . . have we?"

"Well, its been about an hour and a half since dinner."

"Wow. Well, whatever. Make sure Sirius doesn't kill James. See you tomorrow." Marilyn said, walking up the set of stairs to the Gryffindor common room. When I walked into my own common room, Sirius was on James's back, and James was trying to buck Sirius off.

"WHY - WOULD - YOU - DO - THAT - PRONGS?!" Sirius said, panting.

"IT WAS AFTER CURFEW, I HAVE THE RIGHT TO STOP YOU!" James yelled back.

"Hey! HEY!" I yelled, and they both looked over at me. "Sirius, get off of James's back!" He got off of James's back, looking a little afraid. "And James, please apologize to Sirius."

"Sorry, Padfoot." James muttered.

"Now, Sirius, admit to James that you shouldn't have been out the late."

"Sorry, Prongs. I shouldn't have been out that late." Sirius said.

"Now hug each other." They looked at me, their faces saying, 'Really?

"Come on, now, hug it out." They hug each other.

"Okay, see ya!" Sirius said, running out of the room.

"Alright. Night, James." I said, kissing him on the cheek.

"'Night, Lils."

•••

Sincerely,

DragonLea