Chapter Sixteen

~Lily POV~

(time lapse to when end of holiday)

"Goodbye, James, We'll miss you!" Mrs. Potter says, kissing James on the cheek, and hugging Sirius. "Goodbye, Sirius, dear. Stay out of trouble!" Sirius gives an evil grin and says, "Oh, we will."

Then she turns to me. "Goodbye, Lily, dear, it was amazing to have you over and to finally meet you! And, I think your just what James needs in his life. And please, keep them out of trouble." She hugs me, and I say, "Oh, it was nice to meet you, too! And I will try to keep them in check." I pull my trunk and empty owl cage up onto the train, and follow James and Sirius to an open compartment.

"Why wasn't your Dad there to see us leave?" I ask, sitting down next to James.

"He was getting held up at work and couldn't make it." James says, shrugging. I nod. I open my book and start reading, while James and Sirius start a conversation about Quidditch.

•••

~James POV~

"Well done, mate!" Remus said.

"Thanks. I just hope she says yes." I said, holding out the small box for Remus and Peter so see.

"Don't worry, Prongs, she will," Remus reassured me.

"Yeah, she'll have to say yes." Peter says. I nodded, still feeling a little worried. Then, there's a knock at the door. I quickly shut the box and put it in my pocket, and open the door. Lily is standing there, looking curious.

"Hey," She says. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah, sure Lily-Flower." I say. She scowls, but only for a second.

"What're you guys talking about?" She asks, sitting down at my desk.

"Nothing much," Sirius lies.

"Cool. Can you tell me what you bought over Christmas?" She asks.

"We cannot tell you that. I'll show you in a few months, I promise."

"Really?" She stands up quickly, looking happy.

"Yes, I will tell you. I a few months."

"Alright . . . I'll set my calendar for . . . how many months?"

"Umm . . . five months. Oh, and three days."

"The last day?"

"Yes. I will show it to you then."

"Okay, good," She kissed me on the cheek, smiling. "Goodnight!" And ran out of the room.

"She just wont take no for an answer! She just kept on asking and asking all over holiday!" Sirius says, flopping onto my bed, sighing.

~Lily POV~

"What do you think he got?" Marilyn asks, intrigued.

"I dunno. It could be anything. Maybe it's some kind of jewelry," I say, thinking of a pretty necklace or ring.

"Oh, maybe it's a wedding ring! Maybe he's going to propose to you!" Alice suggests excitedly.

"I don't think it'll be a wedding ring. Maybe a nice necklace or bracelet," I say. "He says he's going to give it to me on the last day, so maybe it's something special like that."

"Who knows? It could definitely be a wedding ring, but we're just talking about jewelry, it could be a picture frame with meaningful pictures in it." Alice says.

"Maybe . . ." I say. "Hey, what's going on with you and Frank? And you and Sirius?"

"Oh, well me and Frank have been getting . . . serious," She says, growing red. "Um, actually, we've decided that after Hogwarts, we're going to move in with each other!"

"Oh my God, Alice, how come you haven't told us?!" I nearly yell.

"Well, we only talked about a couple days ago, over the holiday."

"Cool. Oh, maybe he'll propose to you!" Marilyn says.

"Well, I was thinking that, if he doesn't ask me soon, I'm going to ask him."

"Fantastic! And, what about you and Sirius?"

"Well, we've been getting closer, but definitely not close enough for him to propose. I don't know what we're going to do after Hogwarts, whether we move in together, or just break up. Because, I don't know if either of you have heard about it, but while I'm working at the Ministry, I want to join the Order of the Phoenix. And I just don't know how we'll be able to see each other if we're both so involved with work and the Order."

"Well maybe you'll move in with each other. Then you'll be able to see each other, at least." I say, worry sprouting. What will James and I do? Will we move in with each other, or will we have to break it off?

"No need to worry, Mar, it'll be alright in the end." I try to reassure. Marilyn nods.

"What will you and James do?" Marilyn asks, obviously trying to change the subject off of her and Sirius.

"I'm not sure. If what James got me really is a wedding ring, I'm sure we'll just move in with each other, of course, but most likely, he probably didn't get me a ring. I hope we stay together. I really love him, and I don't want to lose him."

"You wont, Lils, we know how close you and James are. I am 100% sure that one day, you two will get married. There's nothing stopping that," Marilyn says.

"Do you two know how much I appreciate you?" I say.

"We love you, Lils." Alice says.

"I love both of you so much. I don't know how I'd be able to survive without you guys." I say.

•••

Hey guys! Sorry for a short chapter, just didn't know what else to say at the end, so . . . yeah. Thank you: HarryPotterAlways394 for voting for me!

Sincerely,

DragonLea