Chapter Nine

A few weeks had passed from my parents' death, and it was October 30th, the day before the Halloween ball. I was excited, and happy, but I still needed some dress robes to wear. Over breakfast, I asked Marilyn and Alice if they had any dress robes that would fit me, and they screeched and took my hand, running out of the Great Hall, up the stairs, into the Gryffindor common room, and up to their dormitory.

"Oh, Lily, we thought you'd never ask!" Alice said. I would normally never ask either of them if I could borrow clothes, because my Mother and I would always go shopping together . . . Tears welled up in my eyes, and I tried to blink them away, but Marilyn noticed.

"Lily, what's wrong? Are you doing okay?" Marilyn asked, hugging me.

"It's just that . . . me and Mom would always go shopping together. I just feel emotional because I know that I'll never be able to do that again." I told them. They hugged me and told me it would be alright. I was so thankful for Alice and Marilyn. I don't know where I would be without them.

"Alright, alright. Now. Dress robes." I told them, smiling.

"Oh! You would beautiful in this," said Alice, holding up a shimmering blue dress, with matching shoes.

"Or this!" Said Marilyn, holding out a dazzling purple dress. I smiled.

•••

There were a few other dresses that they showed me, but my favorite dress was a long, black dress, with white sparkles at the top. The pair of shoes that went with the dress were way to tall for me. The heels her almost 3 inches, and I could barely walk in 1 inch heels, so I decided on another pair of black flats, with white jewels on them. They weren't too flashy, but felt comfortable and matched.

The following day, I got up late. it took me a while to fall asleep. Thoughts clouded my mind, juts because of today. I am so excited, but also very nervous. Alice and Marilyn told me that they would do my hair and makeup, but only if I did theirs.

We have the entire day off of classes, so after breakfast, I'm going to go up to the library with Remus, Frank and Alice to study. I haven't talked with Remus much in the past few days, but I cant wait to talk with him today.

When I walked into the Great Hall, I saw Remus and Peter at the Gryffindor table, talking.

"Hey guys." I said, sitting down next to Peter.

"Hey Lily." They both said at the same time.

"James and Sirius are nervous about today." Remus said, grinning.

"Well, they shouldn't be. And aren't you guys going?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think so. Neither of us have dates, though. Just going to be there to be around you guys." He said.

"I don't think I'll be able to go. Homework." Peter said quickly. I decided not to ask him anymore about. He seemed a little nervous about it, but I don't know why he's be nervous about homework.

After everybody was woken up and had eaten breakfast, me, Remus, Alice and Peter went to the library to study a bit before we needed to get ready. Sirius and Marilyn were off somewhere, snogging probably, and James was off doing something on the Quidditch field.

When went up to study, Alice pulled me over, smiling.

"Hey Lils. Can I talk to you?" She whispered. I nodded, and she led me to an empty classroom.

"What did you need to tell me?" I said. She was still smiling.

"Lils . . . I realized this last night when I was trying to sleep . . . I think I love Frank." She said, grinning from ear to ear.

"Oh, Alice, oh my gosh!" I squealed. "Well you just HAVE to tell him! I will forbid it if you don't go tell him now!" I said, hugging her.

"No, not now. I was thinking about telling him later after the dance."

No! You need to tell him now!"

"Lils, I can't tell him now. And what if he doesn't like me back?"

"Alice, I can tell he loves you back. He probably loves you more than you love him! I can just see it, Alice!"

"I don't know . . ."

"Alice, if you do not tell him tonight, I will have to force you tomorrow."

"Oh, fine."

We went to the library, and Remus asked where we had been, and I said that Alice needed to go back up to her dorm to get something, and she wanted me come with her. I smiled at Alice one more time, and then stuck my nose in a book.

•••

I looked at myself in the mirror and the person standing before me didn't look anything like I remembered. My eyelids were sort of black, a smoky eye, that looked good over my emerald green eyes. My lips we a bold dark red. My hair was curled and fell down my back. I was wearing the long, black dress, with the white sparkles at the top, and the one inch heels.

Alice was wearing a navy blue, knee length dress, with navy blue flats. She had the same makeup as me, but her hair was pinned up on her head.

Marilyn was wearing a red long, dress, with black high heels. Her makeup was simple, with black eye liner and eye shadow, and she had lip gloss on. He hair was pinned up on her head, like Alice's.

We went down the stairs, and could hear Remus and Frank talking. When we got into the my/James' common room, Frank looked at Alice and he smiled lovingly at her. I smiled at them, and remember what Alice had told me I wonder if she told Marilyn.

"You look beautiful, Lily. James will probably faint." Remus said to me.

"Thanks! I'm still a little nervous." I told him.

"Don't be. Tonight, you should be happy and careless." I smiled. Then Sirius bounded down James' stair case. He smiled at Marilyn, and she hugged him, and started talking to him immediately. James came down now, in jet-black robes, and his hair looked like he tried to flatten it, but it didn't necessarily work out.

He smiled at me, and he walked towards me and Remus.

"Hey Lils. You look beautiful," James told me, taking my hand.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I told him. Sirius came over and talked to Remus, while James pulled me aside.

"I feel like we haven't been able to see each other for a while." He told me.

"I feel the same way. Do you want to spend the day with me tomorrow? Since it's not a Hogsmade weekend, we can just go to the black lake, or anything around Hogwarts."

"That would be awesome." We both smiled, as Sirius waved us towards the portrait hole, and we left for the Halloween dance.

•••

Hey guys! Well, there's chapter 9. Sorry I took so long to write it. I will start off next chapter with them all at the dance. And that last chapter was a little boring, but it was just a filler chapter. Within the next few chapters, I will add a few more interesting things. Thanks for ready! Vote and PLEASE leave suggestions!

Sincerely,

DragonLea