Chapter Eighteen

(time lapse to: 2 weeks left, NEWT week)

~Lily POV~

I walk down the corridor, reading through my notes, my hands shaking slightly. I arrive at Professor McGonagall's classroom. James is walking beside me, smirking, definitely not looking through his notes.

"Lils, what are you doing?" James asks.

"I'm looking through my notes! Oh, I'm so nervous," I say, my voice shaking slightly. "What if I fail?"

"You won't. Trust me, you'll get better marks me in this!"

"No, your better at Transfiguration."

"Well, you've been studying non-stop all year,"

"Have not!"

"You started studying the first week."

"Okay, fine, but I haven't been studying non-stop."

"Maybe, but you've studied more this year than I have, probably all seven years together."

"Not true." James just rolls his eyes as we head into the classroom.

"Now, class, I will call five of you at a time, where I, and four other people will test you on your abilities," Professor McGonagall says. "First five, Mary Andreanda, Allison Athen, Sirius Black, Lillian Ceathermatch, Dean Calingson. Please follow me." James gave Sirius a thumbs up, and Sirius smirked, nodding. The five followed Professor McGonagall out of the room, leaving the rest of the class in their spots.

•••

I walked back into the classroom, feeling as if I could throw up. I just finished my NEWT. I sat back down next to James, and I could feel a drop of sweat slowly fall down the back of my neck.

"How'd it go?" James asked.

"I dunno. Oh, what if I failed?"

"You didn't. I mean, look at Sirius! He barely studied, and look at him!" I look over at him, and his feet are up on his desk. He's leaning back in his chair, smirking.

"Yes, but that's Sirius! He doesn't care about his grades, because he thinks he wont fail!"

"He knows he won't fail. He doesn't have a care in the world. And I know you wont fail, that's why I'm not so worried about your grades."

"Ugh!"

"Just try not to think about it. You know, I'm as nervous as hell about that thing I'm going to show you in a couple weeks, but, I'm trying not to think about it. Except, that is really hard."

"Well, you could just show me now. Then you could get it over with."

"No, not yet. I have to wait."

•••

After James came back from his testing, a few other groups left tested, and then we were free to go to our next NEWT testing. For the Gryffindors, that would be Potions. I wasn't as worried about Potions, since I had always been accomplished the work with top grades, but I was still feeling a little sick. After the Potions NEWTS, we went to lunch, and then two other NEWT tests, and then dinner.

It felt like only James and Sirius were the ones who weren't as tense as the rest. Everyone except James and Sirius were almost entirely silent. When we were done with dinner, Me and James headed back to our common room.

I opened my textbooks, looking through all of my notes, studying some more before tomorrows NEWTs. After a couple hours, James finally said something.

"Don't think too much on it, alright, Lils?" He said.

"Okay. I'll try."

"Okay. Night, Lils."

"Night, James."

"I love you."

"I love you, too." James went up to his dorm, while I continued to study.

~James POV~

I get into my bed, and pull out the ring I'm going to give Lily in 2 weeks, no less. I slowly open the small box, revealing a ring, with a gold band, a small sparkling white diamond, and the cursive word, that said, 'love' on the other side. My hands shake slightly at the thought of it.

I'm planning on bringing her up to the roof, where she first said, 'I love you' to me. It was one of the places I had felt most happy, the happiest in my life, and maybe, just maybe, it would be where I found my #1 happy memory. I close the small box, and set it on my nightstand, shuting off the light.

I sigh, turn over, and fall asleep.

•••

(time lapse to the last day)

~James POV~

I pull Lily through the corridor, my hand shaking.

"James, can you just show me now?" Lily pleaded.

"No! I have to go somewhere quiet." I told her, and she just rolled her eyes. We ran out through the front doors of Hogwarts, down, all the way to the Quidditch Pitch.

"Alright, stay here, I'm going to go and get a broom." I said. She nodded. I ran and got a broom, running back to Lily. I jumped on, and motioned for Lily to get on with me. She slowly sat on the broom, wrapping her arms around me, shaking a bit. I kicked off the ground, hard. We flew up towards the spot where we were last time.

I landed, and helped Lily off the broom, taking her hand. We sit down.

"Alright. Now, show me!" She said excitedly.

"Okay," I say. "Hey, look at the sunset." She looks, and leans her head on my shoulder.

"Its beautiful," She sighs, completly forgeting about what I'm going to show her.

"Not as beautiful as you." I say.

"You can be so cheesy sometimes, but, I think its cute and sweet." I reach into my pocket, feel around for the small box, and pull it out, hiding it behind my back.

"I love you, James."

"Lily, I love you so much, I cant even descirbe it. This is why," I show her the small box, and tears instantly pool in her eyes. "I want you to marry me." I finish.

"Oh, James," She whispers, tears falling down her face. "Of course I will, you great tog rag!" She wails, pulling me in for a deep kiss. I'm so happy, I could jump up and scream at the top of my lungs, that 'Lily Evans said she'd marry me!' After about thirty seconds, we pull away, both out of breath, and I slip the ring on Lily's finger.

"Oh, James, is this what you were talking about in Transfiguration?" Lily asks, tears still spilling from her eyes as she looks at the ring. I nod. "Why did you say you were nervous?"

"Oh, Lily, think about it. Your asking the love of your life if they want to marry you. And, the preivious six years, she has hated you."

"James, I never ever hated you. I was always just annoyed that you always asked me out. I thought you just wanted to annpy me."

"Really? Wow. I guess I didnt make it clear."

"Oh, James, this is so lovely." She says admiredly.

"Well, the first day over Christms break, me, Padfoot and Dad went to a Muggle jewelry store and bought it."

"I wish you would've asked me earlier."

"Well, I just wanted to . . . I dunno . . . wait until it was a speacial day. And I didnt want to really rush you." She kissed me again, passionatly. We stayed up there on the roof, talking and kissing, talking about the future. In my eyes, it was the best way to spend the last day at Hogwarts.

•••

Hope you guys liked this one! The first part of this chapter was kinda bad, but I'm proud of the last part of it. I will only have a few more chapter after this one.

Sincerely,

DragonLea