Chapter Thirteen

I boarded the Hogwarts express with my trunk and my owl in her cage. When my trunk is up on its shelf, I sit down next to James, and open my book, Eleanor hooting softly in her cage.

"I cant wait to spill glitter over you two." Sirius said, grinning.

"If you spill glitter on us, Padfoot, I will hex you." James warned, yet grinning in the process.

"Hey, you guys need to behave when I go and see my sister. Whatever she says, don't do anything." I said.

"Yeah. Sure." James said, grinning and nodding at Sirius.

"I'm serious!"

"No. I'm Sirius." All three of us laughed for almost a minute.

"But guys, I'm not joking," I said, wiping the tears from my eyes. "You both need to behave."

"Ok, fine. But-" James tried, but I put my finger up to his lips.

"But what?" I said in a deadly voice.

"Nothing." James said. "But nothing."

"Good." I said, smiling and going back to my book. James slipped his arm around my shoulders again, and I leaned in of his shoulder.

•••

"Well, come on then, Freak." Petunia said, scowling and opening the door. I, James and Sirius walked in, and I saw both James and Sirius reach inside their robes, and pull out their wands.

"James. Sirius." I said in a low voice.

"But-" They both tried, but I just shook my head.

"Okay, Freak, lets get this over with." Petunia snarled. Petunia went over and into the kitchen, and came back within 30 seconds. She was carrying a small piece of parchment.

"Okay. So," I said, looking it over.

"So, I get the house and one car. You get one car and most of the belongings." Petunia said.

"Oh, no, Petunia, I don't need a car. I can use apparition."

"What?" She snarled, glaring at me.

"Apparition. It's sort of like teleporting from one spot to-"

"Alright, alright. So, you can have whatever belongings you want, and I''ll have the house and two cars?"

"Yup." I said. She nodded, and turned away, starting a whispering conversation to Vernon, her boyfriend. I motioned for James and Sirius to follow me, and then I jogged up the stairs. I walked into my room, and on my bed, were a few cardboard boxes.

I looked around my room, and started putting my things into the boxes. I went all around the house, putting keepsakes into boxes. About an hour or so later, I was finished.

"Hey, Petunia?"

"What?" She snapped.

"Is it okay if I keep the cat?"

"I don't care."

"Okay then." There was an awkward silence.

"Well, goodbye then." She said.

"Oh, goodbye Petunia." I said, flinging my arms around her into a hug. She didn't put her arms around me though. I pulled away. I looked at the boxes in the corner. Petunia would be keeping my belongings until I finished my last year at Hogwarts, because I didn't have enough room at Hogwarts to keep all of the boxes.

I looked at James and Sirius. James reached out his hand, and I took it. He turned slightly, and in an instant, we were gone, leaving Petunia and Vernon in my old house, the house that I would probably never see again.

When I looked up again, there was a large house in front of me. I looked around and saw that this house was in the middle of nowhere.

"Ah, home." James and Sirius said, looking at each other and grinning.

"Wow." I breathed.

"What?" James said.

"Nothing. Its just so . . . wonderful. And so big."

"Well, for the next couple weeks, you call it home." He kissed me on my forehead and took my hand. We walked up the driveway to the house, and when James opened the front door, he was tackled by a short woman, who was grinning ear to ear.

"Oh, James, I've missed you so much!" The woman said. James put his arms around the woman, and could tell he held tightly, because she was lifted off the ground a few inches.

"Mum, I just saw you a few months ago!" James said, setting her down, and pulling away.

"Well, you know how I am!" She said.

"Oh, hello Sirius, dear!" She said, hugging Sirius the same way she had hugged James.

"And you must be Lily! I'm so glad to finally meet you!" She said, turning to me. "James has told me all about you! He just wouldn't stop talking about you over the last six summer holidays!"

"I'm happy to meet you too!" I said, the knot in my stomach loosening a little. We walked into the house, and my jaw dropped when we entered. In the entryway, there was a large glass chandelier on the ceiling, maybe 10 feet up. There was a tall set of stairs, and a long hallway leading towards ten different doors. There were tall shining windows all around the walls.

"Here, I'll lead you to your room." James said, leading me up the stairs, down a long hallway. He opened a the last door on the left side, and inside, there was big windows overlooking the landscape, a large bed with black and white blankets and pillows, a bookshelf and a desk.

"Its so big." I said.

"Well, me and Sirius are right across the hall." He said, walking out the door, and closing it lightly behind him.

•••

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated for a while, it was just really hard to find out how to start it. Well, leave suggestions and comments! Please vote!

Sincerely,

DragonLea