«18»

Penny had done a lot of things in life. She had ridden a bike down a hill, off a deck, and into the awaiting mucky pond water. Driven backwards in a race against Embry Call where she had lost badly, and Jake had lost a back tire. Ran from dogs when they were set loose on Quil, Embry, Jake, and herself from ding dong ditching their owners.

Almost drown from Quil's large butt trying to climb onto her shoulders in the water. She could basically say she had ran from the cops, when it was only Charlie trying to look for Jake and her since they had stayed out later than expected. Then there was her finding out she was a witch and bringing a dead plant back to life. She could finally say she had done it all.

Yet she was talking on the phone with a girl she had never properly talked to. Bella Swan had call the young girl early in the evening asking her if she wanted to hang out. Penny was going to make a lame excuse on why she couldn't, but it had sounded like Bella was breaking apart.

Bella was pleading the young girl to go and take a hike with her. Penny knew her grandmother would be gone during the day, and she was doing better on controlling her powers the last few days anyway. She had deem that she would be able to hang with a girl who was just as awkward as herself. Also a girl she didn't know well enough to deem as her friend so she wasn't technically breaking any rules.

Penny had felt trap in the house with only her grandmother as her company. The constant yelling had bug her to death since she was trying her hardest. She knew she was going to start going crazy if she stayed coop up in the home without any sociableness.

So, here she was walking through the forest with a dark olive green backpack on her back that held water, granola bars, flashlight, scissors, and even a few tampons. Penny was listening to the birds talk among themselves while Bella was only able to hear the chirping.

"Have you talked to Jacob lately?" Bella asks the blonde hair girl walking beside her. Bella could see that the girl had change since the last time they had met. The young girl was more sociable and her eyes had seem to be a brighter green.

"No, he kind of dumped me along with the rest of my friends. Why did he dump you too?" Penny states honestly.

"Yeah he kind of did once he started to hang around Sam Uley and them. Wait you and Jake were a thing?" Bella questions with an eyebrow in the air towards the girl.

A loud humorous laugh leaves her lips before she answers, "I think Sam likes to steal other's friends since he can't get any himself. Plus never would I ever date a moron like him. Besides I think I've fallen for someone anyone."

Nodding her head with a small smile Bella walks side by side next to the girl. Even though the two held small talks among each other it was small enough talks that held meaning for Penny. Just hearing another person's voice had made the girl's craziness die down even more than before.

Penny even had to admit that she had became more sociable with others that weren't even apart of her friend group since her days upon days of lock down. She nearly had almost call Paul just pleading to see the boy but yet she held back.

"So, where are we going?" Penny asks truly wondering where the two were headed. Bella had not said a word about their designation for the hike.

"Through there." Bella points through the tree branches where an open dry field was. It held meaning to the brunette since it was where Edward had taken her many of times.

Going through the branches Penny had seen a dry brown field. She could see Bella smiling brightly at it as if it was truly beautiful. Yet Penny thought it needed a few touch ups to make it beautiful once again.