CHAPTER 6

AYLA

"Ma, I'm scared," Milo whispers to me. 

I make him climb into the giant plastic bag, "I know Baba, I know. It's okay to be scared. But you have to remember what I told you."

He sighs and nods his head. Begin to stuff the bag with other things to make it less obvious. It's already pretty obvious, but I'm desperate. 

"Repeat it back to me again."

As Milo sits crouching down he says, "I get in the truck, truck stops three times. I get out of the bag in the second stop, in the third stop jump out. Run. And find somebody."

I raise my brows, "And?"

His eyes widen, "Oh yeah! And tell them about you."

I smile and nods my head, "Good boy. You are going to be fine." I lean in and kiss his forehead. I look at my little boy. My little Milo. He has been my life. He has been my reason to live this whole time. Tears start to sting my eyes, but I try to blink them away. I can't let him see me break. If he sees that I am okay, then he will feel okay. I take a deep breath and memorize every little detail of his face. I smile down at him, "I love you with all my heart Baba. You have made me so proud and so incredibly happy."

He smiles brightly at me, "I love you too Ma. You make me happy. And when you escape we can go stargazing together!"

I nod my head, "I'd like that."

My ears are stimulated by the sound of the truck coming. "It's Baba. Remember to be still, okay?"

He nods his head and curls up into a ball. I bunch the bag up at the top and lift him up. Damn, he is a big boy. I go outside. My heart is pounding against my heart. My nerves were on fire. As I stared at everyone, I feel like they all already know exactly what I was doing. However, I took deep breaths to try focus on the task at hand. 

The Truck was backing up so then I could get the trash in. The back of it opened up, revealing a whole bunch of trash. I juggle the bag in my hands. I could hear Milo whimpering slightly.

"That looks quite heavy, Ayla, why don't I help you?" My heart skipped a beat when I heard Kendrick's voice. 

Without turning around, I say, "No Thank you Alpha. I appreciate the offer."

He walks around and faces, "You sure?"

I am silent for a little bit. He knew something was up. I could see the truck was going to leave any minute. Milo needs to be on that truck. 

"Yes, Alpha. Now excuse me, I am trying to do my duties."

Kendrick slowly steps aside but keeps an eye on me. I step up to the truck and I put the bag down inside. As soon as he was inside the truck, I felt a sudden peace inside me. Milo won't be in this hell anymore. He's safe. The truck starts up again and begins to drive away. I stare at the truck, and I smile. My son is going to live a long life. In a way, I feel like I have completed a mother's ultimate missions. That her child will be safe and live. That's all that matters. 

I turn to Alpha Kendrick. He stares me dead in the eye, "What're you up to, she-wolf."

I smile and bow my head, "I was just making sure the trash was taken out. And it won't ever come back here...ever...again." I didn't care what happens to me anymore. He has nothing over me. I have nothing to lose anymore. 

He stares at me and I could see his nose was flared he was angry. He stood up straight and looked around. Then he turns back to me. He grabs my arm in a painful grip and drags me all the way to the attic. He bursts through the door. He looks around the room frantically. He throws me on the bed and yells, "Where is he?!?!?"