PROLOGUE

ONE MONTH LATER

AYLA

I was sitting on the beach and was watching Solomon teach Milo how to skim a rock. The sun was setting. It was a good day. It was Milo's 6th birthday. He was six! I couldn't believe how fast he was growing. He was getting bigger.

As I looked at my two boys playing with rocks, I never would have guess that I would be here, at the beach where Solomon and I first met, with our son. Who knew?

It has been a month since the war. Ever since then, people have been rebuilding their homes. I think it was a sense of healing and confirmation that there is peace now. There's no more rogues and no more Kendrick.

Solomon told me that they found him and that they killed him. He didn't give me details and I didn't ask for them. However, I think we both knew what happened. But I thought it best to just leave that in the past. And there is no use dwelling there. It was now a time for healing and for peace. That is exactly what I got this past month. I have definitely had my struggles mentally. Sometimes old feelings would come back, the depression, the shame. But I had Solomon with me now. And also I had Ayla...the Ayla I carry in my heart.

I felt so much more whole now. I think it's made Solomon happy. He was happy that I was going to be okay. I loved him so much. He has been the most amazing mate.

When I think about it. Our love story is crazy. I hated him with everything I had, and now look at me, I couldn't get enough of him. I smirked to myself. Some people would have never been able to get through the hard times, but we did. It goes to show how far forgiveness gets you. If I had never let go of my anger and resentment towards Solomon, I probably would have gotten so depressed, I would have killed myself.

But that was not the case. I did forgive him, and he helped me through the hardest times of my life. I went through the dark tunnel and he was still there at the light in the end. I couldn't have asked for a better mate than him.

This has probably been the hardest couple of years in my life, but strangely I think it's been the best. Because I found myself. I remembered the Ayla I was before Kendrick. And I was so happy. I felt her again. I felt the life again. It was amazing...and I know that this will set me up for life. I will go on working to be whole, but it will be easier now with Solomon and Milo.

Milo came running to me and showed me the shells he had collected. He also showed me that he could skim a rock...even though he really couldn't, but I congratulated him anyways.

Solomon came up behind me and circled his arms around me waist. He kisses my neck and whispers, "You are so beautiful."

I laugh and playfully hit his arm, "Stop, Solo, our son is only a couple metres away."

He chuckles, "Don't worry, he won't see anything."

Solomon turns me around to face him.

"I love you," He tells me with total adoration in his eyes.

I smile, "And I love you, Solomon Nightwalker."

He leans in and presses his lips to me. I circle my arms around his neck and pull him in closer. My new hobby was literally kissing him. I would kiss him every chance I got...and he loved it. He found it funny how much I wanted to always kiss him.

I think it gave me comfort and thankfulness to know he was still here with me.

***

Later on we finally got back to the pack house. I put my beautiful little Baba to bed. He said he had the best birthday ever and as a mother...it's one of the best things you could hear from your child. To know you brought them happiness.