CHAPTER 38

SOLOMON

I was chopping the wood with Milo. Everyone was busy, going about their duties in the camp. Everyone had assigned work, no one rested during the day. Xander was in the tent, probably thinking of ways to end this war. This torturing war. We still had no heard anything from Kendrick, nothing. Zip. 

It was frustrating because we had nothing to work with, we didn't know what we were getting ready for. I knew that this war will end with a big bang though. 

I was watching my son try to cut wood, I was trying not to laugh at his angry face. He was getting frustrated that he wasn't strong enough to cut the wood yet. He stopped trying and kicked the piece over, "This is a stupid piece of wood! It doesn't like me!"

I smirked and patted his head, "No need to get angry, Milo. It's okay if you can't do something. You'll be able to do it when you're bigger."

He huffs and said, "But I want to be bigger now. I want to be stronger now."

I bend down and rub his back, "Well, son. It's okay not be big or strong right now. That's because it's my job to be big and strong. As you get older, you will grow and grow! Until you are almost bigger and stronger than me!"

His eyes widen in amazement, "Even you Papa?"

I nod my head, "And that's when you'll know that it's your job to protect."

He nods his head, still thinking about, "But I can't still try to protect now, right?"

"Of course you can, son. If' I'm not around, you gotta protect your Ma."

He nods his head confidently as if he was a grown man. I took pride as I behold my son. He was strong. He will be a strong wolf one day. 

I looked up to meet eyes with my beautiful mate. She was helping to hang the washing as she smiled at Milo and eye. I think she liked seeing me interact with our son.

After her little incident yesterday, she has been a little reserved, not in a bad way, where she hates me again, but more in way where she is trying to process everything in her head. I didn't push it. I wanted her to know that she will have her space and time when she wanted it. 

I hated seeing that fear in her eyes. She looked at me in pure terror. It broke my heart seeing her be so tormented. It just made me wanna kill Kendrick even more. I wanted his blood. I wanted revenge for everything he has done. Knowing that night after night he would force my mate! My beautiful mate to have sex with him, fills me with pure rage. He will pay for what he did to her. I'm going to make him pay. I will not make his death fast. He's going to suffer greatly. If that darkens my soul...then so be it. Because I will not let him go quick. Oh no no. I am going to be his own personal grim reaper.

But Ayla doesn't need to know that. All she needs to do is focus on bettering her self mentally and being happy. That's all she's gotta do. And tonight, I want to help her with that. 

I looked down at my son and said, "Milo, Ma and Papa need to talk tonight. Is it okay, if you stay at Xander's house?"

He smiles and nods his head, "Okay. I like Xavier anyways. He's my friend."

I nod my head, "Yup, and did you know he's also your cousin?"

Milo's eyes widened to big orbs of shock, " NO WAY! He's family?"

I chuckle, "His father is my brother, which means yes, you two are family."

He pumps his hand into the air and yells, "YES!" He sprints away towards Ayla and says, "Ma! Guess what!"