CHAPTER 24

AYLA

Flight 25787 is prepared for boarding...

My heart was racing. I had checked in, went through security and now I am waiting in line to board the plane. 

"Ma, how long are we gonna be gone for? What about Pa? Isn't Papa gonna come with us?" Milo asked. 

"I'm sorry Baba, but Papa isn't gonna come with us this time," I said with a shaky voice.

"But I miss Papa." Milo whimpered. I looked down at my son and saw him staring at the ground. My heart broke for him.

This suddenly made me rethink my decision. As I stood there, I realized that Milo hasn't had a father before and right when he finally has his, I'm taking him away for who knows how long.

I looked down at Milo and asked, "Do you want to stay with Papa instead?" His eyes widen. I bend down to my knees and gripped his shoulders, "It's okay if you do, Milo."

He stood there staring me and thinking, "Will we see Papa again?"

I nodded, "You will definitely see Papa again. We're only leaving for a little while and then we will come back."

Milo straightened his shoulders and puffed out his chest, "Papa would want me to protect you."

"So what're you saying? You wanna go with me?" I asked hopefully

Milo nods his head, "I will miss Papa a lot, but if we see him again, it will be okay."

I smiled happily at my son. I pulled him in for a hug, "I love you with all my heart, Milo."

"I love you too, Ma."

I pulled back, "You will love Italy! Did you know, instead of roads, they have little mini rivers with boats everywhere."

His eyes widen in amazement, "That's so cool! And we're going there?!"

I nodded my head excitedly, "Yup, and we will be doing amazing things, Milo. We're going on an adventure!"

SOLOMON

It has been a week since Ayla and Milo left. They landed safely according to Zay. 

I was currently sitting in a meeting with Xander, Noah, and Eddie. They were discussing the possible plans and strategies they could use against Kendrick. But I wasn't paying any attention. I was sunken in my seat, playing with a damn coin. 

All that was on my mind was Ayla and Milo. I thought about them non-stop. Were they Okay? Were they safe? What're they doing? Who are they meeting? Who is Ayla meeting? All of these questions were constantly going through my mind in a never-ending cycle. 

I still couldn't believe she left. I mean, I knew she would leave one day, but I always thought it would be us doing it together as a family. It made me think about what I did wrong. She knew I changed. She even called me a good man. But then what my mother said popped into my mind. 

She wasn't happy here. This made me feel like I failed. I should not have tried so hard for her to be happy here. I should have just sat down and listened to her. Then again, she probably wouldn't even confide in me. She hated me. She said so herself. 

"Soul?"

I lifted my head and saw all of them looking at me. I raised my brows and said, "What?"

Xander sighs and gets up from his seat, "Solomon, we're in a war. Get your head in."

I shrugged, "I'm so sorry Xander, "I said sarcastically, "I guess I'm a little distracted by the fact my mate and pup are gone. So please have mercy on me oh great and powerful Xander Nightwalker."