chap20.

FALMATA'S P.O.V;

I looked at mustapha and then back at sameera who was smirking by then.
"Why did you threw her gift away?", he asked in his Normal husky voice this time.
"Wollah, I didn't " I said.
"Mustapha, there's no point. I told you she will never admit it", said sameera.
I became more confuse staring at her.
"Hey, Are you deaf or am I just barking ", mustapha asked getting annoyed.

My hands became sweaty and I feet wobbly. I was shaking in fright. His voice definitely frightened me.
I had no idea when i on my waterworks.

"I told you she will deny it, and when you talk to her she will start crying. Am done trying to be nice" sameera said in between tears.

Oh Allah this girl is full of surprises.
"Is ok sameera, you don't have to cry "said mustapha.
I wonder why I know so little about mustapha and even though we are different it doesn't matter. All I knew is that without sameera mustapha is a gentle man.

Mustapha consoled sameera right before my eyes before they finally left.

I stood there nonchalantly. I made sure I do not let it get to me.
I turned on farouqs gift and a message came up.
I have no idea he had set it up for me.
My pic on school uniforms was used as the screen saver. I had no idea when he took it.
I saw a sim inside, with four contacts already saved. Maryam, sadiya, fanna and of course farouqs.
When I checked my inbox, it was a message from farouq.

""Hope you liked your gift. Goodnight and don't think much"" read farouqs message.
I rolled my eyes. Of course i loved it.

"Thanks, for every thing. Goodnight and dream wild"
Was my replied.
I took mustapha's gift and kept it inside my wardrobe.

The next morning I woked up to the sound of an incoming message.
After opening it , I knew who exactly send it.
"What's that?", asked mustapha.
"It's a message'', I replied.
"You have already started getting message and by 5am, In the morning ?, whose that?",asked mustapha.
"It's. ... "I had no idea whom to say. Should I lie.
"It's farouq,'' I finally decided to say the truth.
"Farouq!" , said mustapha standing up abruptly.
He got the phone , from me.

"Wakey, wakey little angel. Can't wait to see you at school."
Mustapha read the message loud.

"You are really stupid, how there you as a married woman be having such messages."
I was lost for words, I couldn't look him in the eye.
"Who gave you the phone?" He asked as he fiddle it.
"Farouq gave it" I answered .
"And you collected it!".
"If you needed a phone you should have said so. And besides where's the phone i gave you'" he asked.
"In the wardrobe", I said timidly.
"Wardrobe! " , he roared.
"Why , do you care ", I finally said.
"Lallai ma", he shook his head.

"Sameera was right about you after all", he said and left.

I also left for the restroom where I got my ablution on and served my Fajr prayers.
By 7am I was all dressed and ready for school.

I decided to look up my assignment on my new MacBook when Mustapha walked in.

"Thanks the Lord, there's atleast a gift you appreciate from me", mustapha said in sarky manner.
"Mu. .." before I could say anything he interrupted me.
"Where do you think you are going to?" , he asked.
"To school abviously" I said.

"Do you mean to meet that boy " he said sternly.
"You are going nowhere, ^ ki shirya gobe zan chanza Miki makaranta^. ".

"What, no please" I beseeched him.
He can't definitely be serious.
I had just managed to catch up in school and now he wants to take that away from me.
"Mustapha, please"
"I have spoken" he said, firmly.
"Let the term end atleast please".
He eyed me and left.

Mustapha couldn't possibly be serious.
After mustapha left for work, fanna came to call me .
I decided to go to school with her.
The next thing I knew was my name called bold and clear by the principal .

When I met the principal, he told me mustapha was there for me.
I walked sluggishly to mustapha knowing that I am guilty of going not just against his wish but my Islamic morals.
Before I could raise my head up to meet his.
I felt his harsh hands on my face.

I almost lost my balanced, I felt the slap and it sharp pain radiating down my spine.
I couldn't say anything but notice the group of student standing behind us. My eyes was full, and I was both embrass and hurt.

"How dare you go against my instructions?" , asked mustapha.
I stood there trembling in fear.
I never knew mustapha could be this rudeless.
Before I could say what, farouq was already there ready to defend me.
"No farouq, don't interfere please ".
Mustapha dragged me out of the schools premises.
I was sitted in his car full of untold anger and regrets.
He said no words to me but I was sadden by his silent.
We reached home in a bit and mum asked why I was back home early.
Mustapha whispered something to her and she left our matter.

I stood home for the next few days without going to school.
Mum, tried to get me back to school but I always lie to her , sometimes I complain about been sick and others, I pretended to overslept.

Mustapha stopped talking to me, we were back to those two strangers who said nothing to each other.

I really wanted to ask him about school but I was also hesitant remembering what happen last time.
I watched in the shadows as mustapha and sameera grew closer. I became exactly the person sameera wanted me to be, The wallflower.

Those little smile mustapha had for me disappeared.
I and farouq grew closer. Of course farouq was curious to what happen the last time I was in school.
He constantly asked me what was btwn I and mustapha but I always looked for away to shut him up.

I watched fanna as he grew happier each passing day with so much to share on farouq. I envied her and missed going to school.

I never knew I would ever miss school this much.

One faithful morning, I was still sitted on the prayer mat reciting my morning azkhar when Mustapha asked me to get ready for school.

It's been a month now, I can't just show up like nothing happened . And fanna told me that the terminal exams was starting in two days.
"But mustapha I can't just go, the exami... .." Mustapha cut short my words before I could utter them all.
"That's your call, if you wish to go or not" he said Without remorse and left.

I stood up sheepishly and made my way to my organized wardrobe. It been ages since I wore my school uniform. It smelled weird. I wore it and later left for school.

Once in school I met farouq who delivered the worst news ever.
I was on a sick leave and my guardians agreed to me writing all my tests today, according to him.
I didn't want to believe him until I was called into the principal office where I wrote series of tests that I wasn't prepared for.
Today I believe mustapha isn't just a beast but a heartless one.

A/N:
^ ki shirya gobe zan chanza Miki makaranta^. _ get ready I will change ur school tmrw.

Slm, am sorry for all the typo errors.
I will edit the book , but before then bare with me.
Happy weekend.
Still on exams issues, don't forget to prayer for me.
And I will update 2 more chapters Insha Allah before I zone out into exam mood.
Who's excited ???.
Toh good night lemme go read😩

With lurv;
Carltumee 💋
6th/08/017.