3

Lorelai, Charlotte and Rory were let inside the Gilmore Mansion by a new maid. "Oh hi! Are you new?" Lorelai smiled at the maid.

"Uh yes. I started yesterday." The maid said.

"What's your name?" Charlotte smiled.

"Liesl."

"We're here for dinner." Rory explained.

"Oh sorry. Please. Come in." Liesl said letting them in and taking their coats. It was then that the three of them heard raised voices. "Uh can I get you a drink?" She asked.

"It's ok. Why don't you go hide in the kitchen?" Charlotte smirked.

"Really?" Liesl asked. "Thank you." She said hurrying off.

"What's going on?" Rory said.

"I don't know. I think George and Martha are joining us for dinner." Lorelai joked.

"I don't have time to go to your frivolous parties." Richard was saying as they appeared on the stairs.

"Frivolous parties? Frivolous parties?" Emily exclaimed. "Those 'frivolous parties' are very important to me. I'm on the board of the foundations holding these functions. How does it make me look when I don't show up?"

"It will look like your husband is very busy and has lots of responsibilities." He said.

"Well I have responsibilities too!" She exclaimed.

"I'm sure your social engagements are important." He said condescendingly.

"They're not just social engagements." Emily said.

"Anywhere you serve tea is a social engagement." Richard said.

"I can't believe you! That's it, I'm going to get a tape recorder so you can hear how pompous you're sounding." Emily snapped heading back upstairs.

"Maybe we should go?" Rory said quietly.

"No way!" Charlotte said.

"Yeah I was just going to go and get some popcorn." Lorelai joked.

"Mom!" Rory rolled her eyes. "Look, they're obviously in a fight. They might not want us witnessing it."

"Shh! Incoming!" Charlotte whispered.

"Go on, say it again! Say exactly what you said before." Emily said holding the tape recorder out.

"This is ridiculous." Richard said.

"I agree. You are being ridiculous!" Emily snapped following him downstairs.

"Wha...oh..." Richard said finally spotting Lorelai, Charlotte and Rory.

"What?" Emily asked and then spotted them as well and looked embarrassed.

"Bravo! Encore, encore!" Lorelai grinned clapping her hands together.

******************************

"It sucks, I know. Just tell me it sucks." Rory said as she was sat at the counter at Luke's watching her mom look over her homework.

"Your homework never sucks." Charlotte said looking round for Luke to order breakfast.

"It's great." Lorelai smiled at Rory.

"No it's not." Rory said.

"It's an A." Lorelai said.

"Mom.."

"A plus actually." She said.

"You have to say that. You're my mom." Rory said.

"Rory."