22

"That was..."

"Amazing?"

Charlotte laughed and looked at Jess who was smirking. "Cocky much?" She joked.

"Well how do you feel it was?" He asked.

"It was...amazing." Charlotte smiled softly, snuggling into him under the duvet in his bed.

"Really?" He asked. "No regrets?"

"Definitely no regrets." Charlotte smiled.

Suddenly the door to the apartment unlocked and Luke and Lorelai walked in laughing and chatting. Charlotte gasped and Jess shot up too, revealing to Luke and Lorelai that they were there.

"What the...ah geez!" Luke exclaimed averting his gaze.

"Oh my god!" Lorelai exclaimed taking in their appearance. Charlotte was only wearing her top and pants and Jess was just wearing some shorts. "Charlotte..."

"What are you doing here?" Charlotte exclaimed, grabbing her trousers and putting them on.

"I could ask you the same question." Lorelai said narrowing her eyes at Jess, who was reaching for his shirt and putting it on quickly.

"Mom, I can explain..." Charlotte said quietly.

"Well go on then! Explain!" Lorelai exclaimed.

"We're 18. What we did wasn't wrong." Jess defended.

"You stay out of it." Lorelai glared at him.

"Mom..." Charlotte said quietly.

"I'm waiting." Lorelai said.

"It was my decision. Don't blame Jess." Charlotte said quickly. "I know you're mad I didn't talk to you first but it just felt...right. I was ready." She tried to explain.

"You're not to see her again." Luke spoke for the first time and he was glaring at Jess as well.

"That's not going to happen. You can't keep us apart." Jess said.

"Yes I can. I knew it. I knew this would end up badly!" Luke exclaimed.

"Wait! This isn't Jess! It was my choice, my decision! Jess was happy to wait! We love each other, you can't tell us what to do!" Charlotte exclaimed starting to get angry, crossing her arms against her chest.

"Charlotte, you can't blame us for reacting like this. We've just found out you've had...you know!" Lorelai said.

"Sex." Jess said. "You can say it, you know."

"I swear you better stop talking right now or else." Lorelai snapped.

"I can't believe this!" Charlotte exclaimed going to leave.

"Where are you going? We're not done!" Lorelai called after her.

"Yes we are!" Charlotte shouted. "I hate you! I hate you for ruining this for us!" She exclaimed angrily before storming out.

"Charlotte!" Lorelai shouted following her out.

Jess and Luke were left glaring at each other. "As much as I'd love to stay and talk..." Jess said sarcastically.

"You're going nowhere." Luke said seriously.

"We didn't do anything wrong!" Jess exclaimed.

"Seriously Jess? What is wrong with you? And in my apartment as well?" Luke exclaimed.

"I'm living here too! What is so wrong about what we did?" Jess exclaimed angrily.

"Because...well because..." Luke said.