24

Lorelai, Charlotte and Rory were stood staring at their garage.

"Well..." Rory said.

"I'd say three years." Lorelai said.

"More like four." Charlotte said.

"What? It has not been four years since we've stepped foot inside our own garage." Lorelai said.

"It was when we got the Jeep." Rory commented.

"That wasn't...oh..." Lorelai realised they were right.

"And even then, I think we only got as far as opening the door before something flew out and scared you." Rory smirked.

"Yes, it scared me while you two stood by calmly like Dr. Dolittle chatting with the bat." Lorelai retorted.

"I can't believe we actually had a bat in our garage." Charlotte smirked.

"So...uh...what do we do about the bat cave?" Lorelai asked.

"Well, we did promise Lane that her band could rehearse here." Rory said.

"Yes, we did." Lorelai nodded.

"And they'll probably need to actually get in there to do so." Charlotte commented. "So I guess..."

"I guess we're going in." Lorelai said. "Alright. On three, one, two, three." She said and they opened the garage doors.

"Ah ha!" Rory exclaimed.

"What?"

"Those are the boxes from our attic that you were supposed to give away two years ago!" Rory exclaimed pointing to several boxes.

"What?"

"Charlotte and I spent three days boxing all the stuff in the attic and you were going to call a charity and get someone to pick them up." Rory accused her.

"Busted." Charlotte joked.

"I made an appointment, the guy didn't show." Lorelai tried to defend herself.

"He didn't?" Rory raised her eyebrows.

"No, I don't think..." Lorelai said.

"Unbelievable." Rory said shaking her head.

"Look, I got bored after sitting there two hours so I left a note saying the stuff was in the garage and he could leave a receipt and I went to get some coffee." Lorelai admitted.

"How did I guess that it would involve coffee?" Charlotte smirked.

"These guys aren't just allowed to go into someone's garage." Rory pointed out.

"Well, the note said it was okay." Lorelai pouted.

"Well, how did he know that the note was authentic?"

"Ok let's stop arguing and actually figure out what we're going to do. I can't believe how much junk we actually have in here." Charlotte commented.

"Hey not all of this is junk." Lorelai said looking around. "Ok fine, maybe most of it is..." She said grabbing hold of a stuffed ball and throwing it out of the garage.

"Wait!" Rory exclaimed catching it.

"What?"

"Hug-a-World!" Rory exclaimed.

"Oh my god, I can't believe we still have this!" Charlotte laughed.

"What?" Lorelai asked confused.

"Hug-a-World, it's our Hug-a-World!" Rory said clutching it to her chest.

"Where's the world?"

"It's faded."