17

Lorelai, Charlotte and Rory went into the diner for their usual breakfast, deep in conversation.

"Ok, but think about it. Why do we need the word potty? Is it really that much harder for a kid to learn the word bathroom?" Lorelai said.

"I don't know." Rory said as they sat down at a table.

"Why are we even still talking about this?" Charlotte asked.

"If you say, "Timmy, do you have to go potty?" or "Timmy, do you have to go to the bathroom?" you can see it's interchangeable." Lorelai continued.

"Not exactly interchangeable." Rory commented.

"Why are you encouraging her?" Charlotte asked Rory.

Rory just grinned at her sister and then turned back to their mom. "To go potty is an action. To go to the bathroom is to go into a specific place."

"I hate the word potty." Lorelai screwed up her face.

"Well, what did you teach us to say?" Rory asked.

"Bathroom, obviously."

"You did?" Charlotte asked.

"Yes, of course." Lorelai nodded.

"Ok so we're 2, we come up to you and say, "Mommy, mommy, I have to go to the..."" Rory said.

"The room where legends die." Lorelai grinned.

"What can I get you?" Luke asked walking up to the table with his pad in his hand.

"A foster home." Charlotte said.

"You'll thank me one day." Lorelai grinned and then turned to Luke. "Hi." She grinned.

"I'm working." Luke said.

"Oh come on! This is the beginning of a relationship. You're supposed to act stupid." Lorelai said.

"I'll do the chicken dance on my lunch break." Luke said. He turned to Charlotte and Rory. "Your usual?"

"Yes please!" Charlotte grinned and Rory nodded in agreement.

"I can't believe you won't flirt with me in front of my daughters. They're going to think there's something wrong with me." Lorelai said.

"Please! We got that confirmation letter a long time ago." Charlotte smirked.

"I'll have pancakes." Lorelai pouted. "You're all mean."

"Coming right up." Luke said with a slight smirk and as he walked away he gestured to Lorelai to follow him.

"I'll be back in a second." Lorelai told her daughters before going up to the counter. "You gestured?"

"Those jeans are really working for you." Luke said pouring her some coffee.

"Yeah?" Lorelai asked.

"They're working for me, too." He smirked.

"You're flirting with me!" Lorelai grinned, her face lighting up.

"Something like that." Luke said gruffly.

"Finally! Do it some more." She grinned.

"Your shoes work well with that...shirt." Luke said trailing off at the end.

"Gee, Carson, thanks." Lorelai laughed.

"That's all I can do right now. People are watching." Luke said.

"Oh they all know anyway!" Lorelai shrugged.

"Yes because someone decided to tell the town's worst blabbermouth." Luke said glancing up at her.