7

Lorelai, Charlotte and Rory arrived at the Gilmore Mansion for their weekly dinner.

"Thanks mom." Lorelai said as her mom opened the door. "God, it's cold out there!" She exclaimed.

"I know, I'm freezing!" Charlotte nodded.

"Me too!" Rory said.

"Well, come on in and sit by the fire." Emily said. "I'll make you all a drink and then we can talk."

"About what?" Rory asked.

"Antennas up." Lorelai whispered to both of her daughters.

"Aye aye, captain!" Charlotte said.

They followed Emily through to the living room and sat down on the couches. "So Lorelai, how are you?" She asked as she prepared the drinks.

"Uh, I'm fine Mom." Lorelai said.

"Rory? Charlotte?" Emily asked.

"We're fine too, Grandma." Charlotte answered.

"How are you, Mom?" Lorelai asked.

"Also fine." Emily smiled giving them all their drinks and then sitting down next to Lorelai.

"Oh well will you look at that! All four of us fine!" Lorelai joked.

"So Lorelai, are you dating?" Emily asked suddenly.

"Uh...no mom, I'm not dating." Lorelai said, glaring at her daughters who had nearly choked on their drinks trying to hide their laughter.

"Really? There's no one at all?" She pressed on.

"No, I'm totally single." Lorelai said confused.

"Any chance you will get back with Max?" She asked.

"What? No mom, there's no chance." Lorelai frowned.

"What about the man at the diner, the one who refuses to shave?" Emily asked.

"You mean Luke?" Charlotte smirked. "Well some people would say they were..."

"He's just a friend, mom." Lorelai interrupted Charlotte.

"Do you think you'll be single your entire life?" Emily kept going.

"What?" Lorelai asked totally confused.

"I mean, in terms of you finding someone, what do you think the odds are?"

"Ok, what is going on?" She gave in.

"Well, I visited the family mausoleum today." Emily told them.

"It's never what you think it's going to be!" Lorelai said to Rory and Charlotte who laughed.

"I just wanted to check on things and make sure they were keeping it up. Like changing the flowers and stuff, you know?" She said.

"Sure." Lorelai said.

"So I went inside and looked around and it occurred to me that there's very limited space left there." Emily continued.

"Ok..."

"Now of course there's a slot open for me and Richard and you, Charlotte and Rory. But after the three of you, that's it. There's no more room for anyone else." She said.

"Ah..." Lorelai said now understanding.

"Yes. So if you actually do meet someone someday, I don't know where to put him."

"Well, maybe we could just dump him at the local pool hall." Lorelai joked.

"Oh don't be silly!"