21

Lorelai, Charlotte, Rory, and Lane were walking through the centre of town.

"Are you serious?" Lane asked excitedly.

"I am serious." Lorelai said.

"We can really rehearse in your garage?" She asked happily.

"In exchange for the promise that you never pose naked on the cover of Rolling Stone no matter how much trouble your career is in." Lorelai joked.

"I promise. I love you. Do you know how amazing your mother is?" Lane grinned at Rory and Charlotte.

"No. Tell them, would you? They forgot this morning." Lorelai said.

"Because hot water is enjoyed by all, not just by you." Charlotte commented.

"I wasn't in the shower that long!" Lorelai exclaimed.

"You really were." Rory said. "Man, it's winter carnival time again already." She smiled.

"Yep." Lane said.

"Are you going?" Rory asked.

"I have to. We are raising money for the marching band this year, mandatory booth manning is involved." Lane groaned.

"Wow Lane, marching band and rock band!" Charlotte teased.

"Music is my life." Lane nodded.

"Hi Mrs. Kim!" Lorelai called causing Lane to gasp and turn round.

"So not funny!" Lane exclaimed when she realised Lorelai had tricked her.

"What are you raising money for the marching band for?" Rory asked.

"Please let it be new uniforms." Lorelai quipped.

"It's for letters so we can finally have letter carriers. For some reason, the powers that be think that the reason we never win at competitions is because no one knows who we are. The fact that we suck has never occurred to them." Lane said. She then turned to Lorelai and frowned. "What's wrong with our uniforms?" She asked.

"Nothing." Lorelai said quickly.

"We look stupid, right?"

"No."

"The plumes are too big and it looks like big red fountains of blood spurting out of our heads." Lane said.

"I love the uniforms!" Lorelai said.

"It's bad enough I have to be in marching band at all without being mocked for what is mandatory for us to wear!" Lane exclaimed.

"No...I didn't mean...urgh, remind her that she gets to rehearse in our garage because I think I'm losing points here!" Lorelai said.

"Your uniforms are great and people knowing who you are can only help. Now let's just enjoy the snow, okay?" Rory said.

"Ok." Lane said.

"Good." Lorelai said relieved.

"Especially since some of us have been freezing since our showers this morning." Charlotte joked.

"I wasn't in there that long!"

"I'm sorry, can we get back to the band uniforms? Because on a scale of one to ten, how much do I not want to let Dave see me like that?" Lane asked.

"Ten." Lorelai, Rory and Charlotte said in unison.

"Ok, thanks." Lane said. "I have to go. I'll see you guys later.

"See you later." Rory smiled and followed Lorelai into the diner.

"Oh and Charlotte, let Jess know he can practise with us anytime!" Lane said.