27

Lorelai was sat at the counter at Luke's playing with her camera when Rory and Charlotte walked in and sat down next to her.

"Hey!" Charlotte smiled.

"Say cheese!" Lorelai grinned taking their picture. "I love my little digital camera. I want to marry it."

"Do you ever want to put it away?" Rory joked.

"Oh, you'll hurt little Digital Dan's feelings." Lorelai said.

"Sorry, D.D." Rory rolled her eyes.

Lorelai took another picture. "Gotcha! Oh no, wait. Oh, I missed!" She pouted. "Got a good one of you though. Nice cheekbones." She smiled at the customer sat next to them.

"So, do you think you could focus on something non-photographic for a second?" Rory asked.

"Aw, I'll try." Lorelai said putting her camera down.

"We were asked to pass this along to you." Charlotte said handing their mom an envelope.

"Something from Chilton? You've been dipping girls' hair in the inkwells again?" She joked.

"Read it and see." Rory said.

Lorelai groaned as she started reading the letter. "Urgh I'm being summoned to duty in the Booster Club!"

"Those bastards!" Charlotte joked.

"I feel like I should pack my rucksack, kiss my loved ones goodbye." Lorelai said dramatically.

"So, don't do it, then." Rory said.

"Yeah, you're both as good as out of there. Yale's grabbed you. It's too late. We don't need anything from Chilton." Lorelai said.

"Except our graduation tickets." Charlotte pointed out.

"We already got them." Lorelai said confused.

"But we need extras. We just put in the request and it's up to them now." Charlotte said.

"So we do need one kind of big thing." Lorelai sighed.

"And then there's our diplomas." Rory said.

"You'll get your diploma at graduation."

"No, we get our diploma holders at graduation." Rory said.

"Do you think they would withhold your diplomas based on my participation paucity?" Lorelai asked.

"I don't know."

"Oh man, I'm screwed. I guess I've got to do it." Lorelai sighed.

Just then Luke walked over to them. "Hey guys." He said. He gave Lorelai a look when she immediately took a picture of him. "Was that necessary?" He asked.

"Oh man, you do not photograph well." Lorelai joked as she showed Rory and Charlotte who smirked.

"What?" He said.

"You've been getting some sleep, brother? Because that's forty miles bad running." Lorelai joked handing the camera over to him.

"I wasn't ready." He defended having a look at it. "Plus, it was a bad angle. Plus, this is a harsh light. A soft light would help with the thing with the eyes." He said.

"Look who knows what light he looks best in." Lorelai teased.

"You ready to order?" He asked.

"I'm going to take a picture of the menu and then order off the camera!" Lorelai said excitedly.

"Yell when she's tired of the thing." Luke told Rory and Charlotte.

"Give it time." Charlotte smirked.