14

Lorelai, Charlotte, Rory, Michel, and Sookie were sitting at a table in the dining room of the inn listening to Ella Fitzgerald on a CD.

"What do you think?" Sookie asked.

"Sookie, you've got to be kidding." Lorelai said.

"What?" Sookie asked.

"You can't walk down the aisle to that. It's depressing!" Lorelai said.

"It's Ella." Sookie argued.

"It's morbid."

"It's a classic song." Sookie protested.

"A classic song with lyrics about a woman who can't make her relationship work, whose life is filled with emptiness and regret and pain." Lorelai pointed out.

"What are these?" Rory asked pointing to the other CDs on the table.

"Oh, those are some alternative songs, but I really like this one the best." Sookie said.

"Alternative songs, good. Let's see." Lorelai said going through them but grimacing.

"Ok, I have a wonderful suggestion." Michel said.

"Great, let's hear it." Lorelai said.

"Ok, here we go. How about I leave?" He said.

"And then do what?"

"That's it. I leave and I don't have to listen to this insanity anymore. What do you think, huh? Because I love it." Michel said dryly.

"Michel, I am in the wedding, which means you have to run the wedding all by yourself, something you've never done before." Lorelai said.

"Oh, please." He scoffed.

"I'll tell you what, Sookie. How about Charlotte, Lane and I come up with a few more suggestions for you? Still melodic, but not quite as Girl, Interrupted." Rory suggested. "Right Charlotte?"

"Sure. For Sookie, yeah." Charlotte shrugged.

Rory sighed. Charlotte had started talking to her again but she still wasn't exactly happy with her.

"Alright, fine. Thank you." Sookie said.

"Great. Michel, how's the RSVP list coming?" Lorelai asked.

"Well, I must say this has been especially challenging for me. I mean, when you are talking about a wedding with up to forty people all living within a five mile radius, how can one person be expected to keep track of all of that?" He said sarcastically.

"Aw, are you feeling underappreciated, Michel?" Charlotte smirked.

"Just an answer will do." Lorelai sighed.

"I mean, it got a little hairy there for a moment. I almost had to use a second sheet of paper, you know." He said.

"You know, I'm not going to let you annoy me out of making you handle this." Lorelai said.

"Oh, we'll see." Michel said.

"Hey, my cousin Carl cancelled so I have two empty seats. Anyone else you want to invite?" Sookie asked.

"I've got Lane, I've got Tristan, I'm good." Rory smiled.

"Charlotte?" Sookie asked.

"Can't think of anyone." Charlotte said.

"What about...?" Rory started.

"You better not finish that sentence." Charlotte warned.

Rory sighed. "I still say you should talk to him."