Wife (2)

Sya looked around the room, trying to find his wife, but it was just Ai and her that was there.

"Wife?" Sya asked.

"You have fed this Duke with food that has now reached this Duke's heart!" Ju Long announced. "You must take responsibility for this Duke!"

"Tsk. Then I suggest you starve!" Sya retorted back to him.

"Wife~~~~~~~." Ju Long whined.

"Who here is your wife?" Sya said looking around the empty restaurant. "She must be a ghost. I'll set out an extra bowl at dinner so she won't be a starving ghost."

"But Wife has already taken this Duke's money!" Ju Long reminded her.

"Tsk." Sya tsked at his shamelessness before she reached into the pouch to pull out two gold bars, but Ai stops her from giving back the six bars of gold.

"Thanking good sirs for paying ahead of time." Ai quickly said as she grabbed the bag of gold bars. "This waitress's name is Ai and my lady's name is Lady Sya. She is the chef and boss of Baozhai Restaurant, what is your good sir's names?"

"This is Duke Ju Long Wei. Of the Wei Clan." The man who gave Sya the bag of gold bars said. "This sir's name is Thorvald. The man across from me is Yuki and the man next to me is Tamotsu. We are Duke Ju Long's bodyguards."

Ai nods her head in understanding. So this is the infamous Duke Ju Long. Duke Ju Long, who has the Tiger seal given to him by King Morrond to have command over 300,000 soldiers. At only 22 years old, he has held the Tiger seal since he was 14 years old. With his Gods given talent in martial arts and war strategies, he has helped the King maintain peace on the borders with Cara Country and Codal Country.

He has come back for the first time since 14 years old to celebrate his grandfather's birthday and the King has asked him to stay for three years. With his skills, handsome looks, and connections, he is the most sought out bachelor in the Vulean City. To have this man call her Lady, his wife, means only good things for Lady Sya.

Not only would they have another cover to hide themselves under, but they will have the Duke and all his power to fight off Lady Sya's father should he come looking for her one day.

"Duke Ju Long, Sir Thorvald, Sir Yuki and Sir Tamotsu. " Ai said as she bowed to them. "Thank you for gracing Baozhai Restaurant with your presence. You are always welcomed here."

Sya opened her mouth to say something, but Ai pulled her back into the kitchen.

"There's still some prepping for tomorrow that you need to do." Ai lectured her. "I'll take care of the patrons while you work. We don't want to drive our patrons away with your bad attitude."

If it was anyone else who talked to Sya like Ai just did, they would have died already. But since it was Ai, and they have literally went through hell together, Sya brushed off Ai's sternness and went to work.

"You better make it clear to them that I am not his wife!" Sya whispered harshly to Ai.

"I'll talk to them." Ai said as she smiled at Sya. "Now get to work and I'll deal with them."

Ai went back to the table and brought a seat up to them. She sat down without even an invitation and poured herself a cup of wine from the jug on the table.

"Duke Ju Long." Ai said as she drank the cup of wine in one gulp. "I know my lady."

She poured herself another cup before drinking it down in one go again. "And I know, she is not someone who plays around with frivolous men. If you have decided to make her your wife, you must know..."

Ai poured herself another cup of wine then sipped on it. "She is not someone who gives out her trust easily. She is not someone who cares about status nor is she someone who cares about looks. If you have the will and the guts to pursue her, then I suggest you get ready to receive her wrath."

Ai drank down the rest of the wine before pouring herself another cup. "I suggest you get ready to win her trust and win her heart. Once you do, it'll be the best thing and the hardest thing you'll ever do in your life. But in the end, it'll be worth it. Cause she's worth it. I know, because I serve her. I stay by her, because she's worth it. From every success, to every fail, to every happiness, to ever tear of sadness. Everything with her is worth it. I guarantee it."

Ai pours another cup of wine then drinks it down as well. "Lady Sya does not know how to talk nicely to people. She is not one to say flowery words to hide the true meaning of what she wants to say. She only says things straight forwardly, no matter how harsh, or how embarrassing it might be, as long as it is the truth, then she will say what's on her mind. She is not someone who likes flowery words, nor does she understand them most of the time. It is best to talk to her straight forwardly just like she talks so she understands what's going on."

Ai pours the last drops of Hell's Morning Dew Drop Wine into her cup and drinks it down. Ai stands back up and bows to them and says.

"Now it's closing time and we have to prepare for tomorrow. I like to suggest Duke Ju Long to come again tomorrow to enjoy Baozhai's food and drinks. Lady Sya is not going anywhere any time soon. If Duke Ju Long has the courage to pursue my Lady, then come again tomorrow, the day after that and the day after that. Come every day and see if my lady will fall in love with you and learn to trust you. Only then would you be worthy enough to call my lady, 'Wife'."