Trap (2)

The orange and blue fire that covered her body, first felt hot, so hot that it became cold.  Her body held two different temperatures.  Her bones and veins were raging hot, while her muscles and skin were icy cold.  Her body shivered violently due to the changing temperatures in her body.  

The pain it caused her made Sya clench her teeth and squeeze her eyes shut as waves of pain ebb and flow through her, from head to toe.  It took all of her will to hold on.  Hold on to her sanity.  All she could feel was the burning pain within her.  A loud white noise filled all of her senses.  

The hot and cold flames seeped deeper and deeper into her, making its way towards her heart.  All Sya could do was lay there in pain and agony as the entity slowly embedded it’s way into her, claiming her completely.  

-------------------------

“Wait for me!”   Ju Long thought as he, his guards, Ai and Sya’s Shade Hunters flew above the clouds making their way towards Blackmire Island.  

Their ship could no longer travel towards the Island.  It was suck in an illusion array that the Demon Master set up.  It took them a couple of days to realize that they were caught in the illusion and have been traveling in circles.  Ju Long made the captain sail back into safe waters before leaving the ship behind.  If he could get to Sya by ship, he’ll fly to her instead.  

According to the Shade Hunters, they were not too far from Blackmire Island.  They have been flying above the clouds for two days when they finally saw the Island.  However to see half the Island in flames, brought a sense of urgency inside of him.  

“Hurry!”  Ju Long said as he saw the many ships that were docked on the Island began to sail away.  “Something must have happened!”  

As the 12 of them came closer to the island, they could see people fighting men dressed in all black.  There were families that were running towards the dock, trying to escape, men, women, and children ran towards freedom.  

Those that were dressed in black where trying to stop them from leaving.  Ju Long immediately joined the fighting.  Saving civilians and families from the men dressed in black.  His back was covered by his three guards as Ai and the Shade Hunters spread out around him.  They covered each other’s backs like a well oiled machine.  

Ju Long fought those who attacked him, not knowing if they were friend of foe.  Anyone who attacked children or families were immediately cut down.  

They made their way into the small city and around them were bodies dead men, women, and children laying around.  Ju Long’s stopped fighting for a moment when he saw what was in the middle of the city square.  

It was the exact replica of his wife.  His Sya. His determination to get her back ignited his will to keep on fighting.  

Seeing a group of people needing help, Ju Long jumps in and starts fighting the men dressed in black.  The people who were once surrounded and had lost hope of surviving gained a moment to relax as the group of 12 helped them fight the Shadow Guards.  

“Who are you?” Damio asked as Ju Long stepped beside him to help him fight off three Shadow Guards.  

“Where’s my wife?” Ju Long asked as he swung his sword.  

“Who’s your wife?”  Damio asked as he ducked out of the way of a blade that was aimed at his head.  

“Sya!  Where’s Sya?”  Ju Long asked as he killed the man in front of him.  

“Princess Sya’s married!?!”  Damio asked as he too finished cutting down the man who was attacking him.  

With the help of Ju Long, his guards, Ai and Sya’s Shade Hunters, they quickly killed the mob of Shadow Guards.