Fuck Fate

Everyone could only watch as the silver strings of qi light enter them all at the same time.  The silver qi light entered them too quickly for them to even raise their qi power up and block the attack.  Several of them screamed out, not in pain, but in surprise.  The attack on them was too quick and too efficient for them to even protect themselves.  

The dense qi force that had been suddenly pushing on them, disappeared within the next moment.  And from the shadows, their Shade Hunters descended. Within the sitting room where the six siblings were having a discussion, it suddenly was crowded with 42 bodies.  

Seven Shade Hunters to each sibling, surrounding their Master and Mistress from the Beloved Princess Sya.  After a brief and chaotic scene, silence descended upon them as everyone waited for Sya’s next move.  

From the shadows of every corner, there was an echo of Sya’s laughter.  

“Are you afraid?”  Sya asked. “Afraid of this elder sister?”  

Everyone kept quiet as they looked from side to side with only their eyes, scanning the whole room, trying to find Sya.  Even her presence was hard to find. How was she doing this?  And where is she?  What is her motive?  

“What do you want?”  Resta said as he pushed his qi force out, trying to find where Sya was hiding.  “Why did you attack us!”

“Attack?”  Sya said as her voice echoed from one side of the room to the other side of the room.  “Shouldn’t you all be thanking me instead?  I did just cure you from the poison our Demon Father bestow on to you.  If you want to call my gift, an attack, well I guess my good intentions were wasted on you lot.”  

All six of them started patting down their bodies and started taking their own pulses to ensure what she said was true or not.  When they all figured out that Sya did just dispel the poison from their bodies, they were grateful, however there was still an underlying fear of her.  

She was their Demon Father’s favorite daughter.  Did she dispel the poison so she could win their trust then betray them in the end?  Or did she really do it out of the goodness of her heart?  None of them really knew her so they could not trust her as of yet.  Only some of them could remember her ruthless fighting in the Arena of Blood.  She killed quickly and coldly.  Without hesitation as to who her opponentopponet was.  It made a lot of people question her and fear her.  It made her seem as if she was their Demon Father’s golden child.  

“What do you want?”  Resta asked again as he pulled out his sword silently.  The glimmer of the sword caught the moonlight as he held it up as to attack anyone who wanted to attack him.  

His movement caught the attention of the whole room and they all pulled out their weapons.  The air became heavy with tension as they waited for Sya’s answer.  But instead of an answer, the quietness answered him back.  

They all waited for a long time before Resta ordered one Shade Hunter from each group to light the candles.  When the whole room was lit, there was a note posted on the wall.  It read, “I want what everyone here wants.”  

“What does she mean?”  Cheeri said as her Shade Hunter ripped the note from the wall and passed it on to her.  Cheeri read and reread the note over and over, before passing the note over to the next sibling.  

“What do we want?”  Damio asked.  “We want a lot of things.”  

Everyone knew what they wanted, they wanted to kill their Demon Father and be free from his control.  They want to be free and away from this hell hole.  Is this what she wants too? They all answered Sya’s questions within themselves, never really saying it outloud for fearing that their Demon Father’s spies might hear.  But they were all thinking the same thing.

Everyone looked at each other as if the other one had an answer.  

“We’ll wait and see what her intentions are.”  Resta said as he took the note from Cheeri and burned it in the brazer.  “It might be a trap.”  

“It might not.”  Wateri said.  “She did openly defy Demon Father several times at the “family dinner.””  

“That was pretty brazen of her to do so.”  Weink said as he smiled to himself.  “Maybe what we thought of her and what the rumors say about her is not true.  Maybe being away from this place for seven years changed her and she doesn’t want to stay here.  Maybe--”  

“Maybe we know nothing about her and her intentions.”  Resta said cutting Weink.  “Let us wait and see.  If she shows us that she too wants what we want, we’ll help each other.  Until then, let us keep an eye on her and see what her next move is.”  

Everyone agreed with Resta and nodded their heads.  

“She’s powerful.”  Cheeri commented.  “More powerful than us combined.  Not even our Shade Hunters could feel her presence. She held us down with her qi force, immobilizing us completely! Should we face her in the Arena of Blood.  We’ll die!”  

They were all quiet as they weighed their options.  What could they do to ensure their victory against Princess Sya?  Especially one who was just as ruthless and cunning like their Demon Father.  Especially one who held their Demon Father’s attention and love?  Would they be punished if they all came together and try to kill Sya off before she went into the Arena of Blood?  Would they survive the assassination?  

They all sighed at the same time, not knowing the correct way to go about the situation.  Should they take matters into their own hands or just slowly die off one by one?  

“We all know what our fate is when we walk into the Arena of Blood.  We all know that two people walk in and only one person walks out.  And the strongest will only survive between the two.  Should any of us get paired up with her, we’ll just have to try our hardest not to die.”  Damio said.  

“I’m really starting to hate that word.”  Phang said as he grumbled as he started to laugh pitfully.  “Fate… Hahaha. I hate that word.”  

“Fuck fate.  Create your own path.”  Sya’s voice echoed once more inside the room.  “I’m going to sink this cursed island to the bottom of the sea.  Either you’re with me or you’ll drown along with our Demon Father and become fish food.”