Arena of Blood (4)

Sya stare boredly at everyone.  From start to finish, she memorized everyone’s seating arrangement and made note of where they sat.  Those who sat closer to Zion, were stronger than those who sat further.  The Shade Hunters sat on a lower level than they are and they sat in according to strength as well.  In front of her, seven seats were empty and Sya’s heart tightened at seeing them empty.  She missed them, but she was glad they were not there with her.  

“Princess Sya must really be offended that Janu called Princess Sya, sister.”  Janu said as her face made her look as if she was wronged horriablely.  As if Sya was the one who bullied her and not Janu making her own mistake.  “If Janu said something that made Princess Sya mad, please ask what Janu can do to make Princess Sya happy again and forgive Janu.”  

Her pleading moved the hearts of men who were there.  They could clearly see that their new Princess was cold and indifferent, yet their Young Miss Janu was sweet and innocent.  How could they let their precious, innocent and sweet Janu be bullied by their new ruthless Princess!  What could they do, but swallow the injustice along with their Young Miss Janu!  Ah!  If only their Demon Master didn’t favor Princess Sya, but instead of their Young Miss Janu, all their lives would be better in the future, if she was made heir to Blackmire Island.  

“Move.”  Sya said as her eyes landed on the voluptuous woman.  Her cold, hard stare caused Janu to shiver in fear, causing her whole body to shake, her breast and her butt quivered, causing the men to lust after her even more.  

“Janu understands.”  Janu said as she quickly bowed.  And when she stood up, she quickly wiped the corner of her eye as if she had cried over Sya’s harsh word, as if Sya had just cursed her and her family to the seven hells.  

Janu made her way to her seat and sat down three seats away and bowed her head as if she was sad.  But truthfully, she had to bow her head to control her rage.  Their Demon Father had doted on her for seven years.  Gave her whatever she wanted, let her say and do whatever she wanted, but suddenly he changed when Princess Sya came back.  Her heart clenched with anger.  All Sya did was sit there and she was the apple to their Demon Father’s eye.  No one could make her look bad in front of him.  No one could talk bad about her, in front of him.  No one existed, except her, in front of him.  She hated Sya with a fury that she couldn’t contain.  

Her eyes reached Sya’s profile and hated her even more.  For Sya ignored the death stare and yawned as if the death intent meant nothing to her.  As if it was an annoying fly that she ignored as well.  

Toga leaned over and whispered Janu.  “Challenge her.  She is weak.  Once you win, you’ll be our Demon Father’s beloved daughter once more.”  

Janu nodded her head once to let him know she heard him.  She will challenge the bitch Sya and win back her Demon Father’s love and attention.  

Toga straightened himself back into his seat and hid his smile.  He knew that Janu just got back and did not witness his embarrassment.  He will use Janu as a sword to weaken Sya, then challenge her himself to finish her off and redeem himself.  

“Welcome, family, friends, men and women of Blackmire Island.  Today we celebrate the return of our Princess!  Princess Sya!”  Head Steward Chai said as he projected his qi into his voice so his announcement could be heard through all parts of the arena.  “To welcome Princess Sya back please, eat, drink and enjoy the fights!  It is the only way to honor the Princess back home, is with the spilt blood of the weak and to show the strength of Blackmire Island!”  

The crowd clapped and cheered like puppets.  Even her siblings clapped like robots as well.  Sya almost moved her face to sneer at everyone in disgust, but she kept her cold mask on as she raised her tea cup to acknowledge the welcoming and drank the tea down slowly.  

Everyone watched as she drank the tea before they too raised their glass and drank their wine.  Zion clapped and laughed loudly as he enjoyed everyone showing his daughter the respect she was due for being his first daughter.  

“Good!  Good!  Let us start the show!”  Zion said as she drank down his own wine cup before slamming it down on the table to be refilled.  

The first set of fighting were already assigned.  The crowd cheered loudly as round after round two people entered the arena, but only one left.  Sya sat still as she watched in horror as they fought desperately to the death.  Her heart ached for every blood that was shed, every plea that was asked, every spirit that was taken too early.  Their actions were made only because of her mad Demon Father’s wish and wants.  For this was his world, and he created it.  

There was a short break before the second set of fighting started.  This time, it would be between siblings.  Sya sat still as she only drank the tea that was before here.  

“Do you miss this?”  Zion asked as he looked at Sya.  “This could be all yours one day.”  

Sya sipped her tea and looked over to Zion.  “What does Demon Father mean?  Demon Father will live a hundred thousand more years!  How can this daughter covet something that only belongs to Demon Father?”  

“Hahahaha!”  Zion laughed heartily as everyone’s gaze was drawn to him and Sya! “Daughter, you know how to flatter this old man!  As expected of my Daughter, my flesh and blood!”  

“Father!”  Janu interrupted Zion’s happy mood when she heard him compliment Sya.  She stood up quickly and bowed at the happy Father and stone face Daughter.  “Janu would like to start the second fight first!”  

“Good!  Good!  Janu is brave and fearless!  Who do you want to challenge?”  Zion said as he emptied his wine cup.  Even though he was annoyed with her interrupting his talk with his Sya.  

“Janu challenges Princess Sya to the Arena of Blood.”   

**********************

Author's Note:  Happy New Year to all my readers!  I bet you didn't expect so many updates! But I had to do something for all the missed days and holdidays that I didn't post.  So...Thank you for always staying by my side and giving me the support I need to keep on writing!  Thank you for all your likes, comments and shares!  Thank you following me, reading and rereading my books!!!  Internet hugs for everyone reading this!   -ptd