Wedding (2)

Ju Long took Sya to her bridal chambers that was decorated all in red and gold.  From the moment she entered the courtyard, it was lit up in red lanterns along the way, every tree had a red lantern hung on it, while on both sides of the pathway was a row of red lanterns that lead its way to the two story house.  Every window was open and from inside and Sya could see red light glowing from inside.  

When Ju Long took her through the house, from every inch of the house, it was decorated in red and gold to celebrate their union.  

On the second floor, there are three rooms.  One is the study, then a bathing room, and lastly the bridal chambers.   When Ju Long opened the two door bridal chambers, he opened both sides at the same time so Sya could see how magnificent it is.  

Red lanterns lit up every corner and every table, giving them the light they needed so they could see how beautifully it was decorated.  The dark hardwood floors and the bed was covered in red rose petals.  On the walls, there hung fortune paintings in gold.  Every vase that was filled with red roses, was gold.  Even the tea set was gold.  

From behind the vale, Sya's eyes started to water again.  Ju Long must have thought a lot about their wedding and must have spent a lot of time to make sure that today went well for the both of them.  How much does Ju Long love her to be able to be so thoughtful towards her. To be able to arrange every little thing, just to make her happy. 

As they walked through the ankle deep rose petals, her dress dragging on the floor, created a clean trail behind her. Ai closed the door behind them and left them alone together.  

Ju Long lead her to the table where he helped her take off her heavy head gear and decorations.  Her hair fell down like a dark silk curtain, framing her face at once.  

Ju Long's hands comes up to cup her cheeks before pushing back her hair behind her ear.  

"Scared?"  He asked her.  

"What's there to be scared of?"  Sya asked.  

Ju Long's cheshire smile came through at her answer.  Of course his Sya would never be scared.  Even in the face of her death, she still would not be scared.  She would rather run into the face of death, rather than cry about it.  

Ju Long's lips descended to her lips, then their clothes were discarded, and afterwards the curtains around the bed was let down.  Through the silk curtains and gold satin sheets, there was a joining of bodies that became the envy of others. 

Sometime during the night Ju Long had woken up to blow out the candles in the red lanterns and by morning, the sunlight shined brightly through the window, waking Sya up.  Behind her was a naked warm body pressed up against her as his long arms hold her tightly against his body.  His breathing was soft as he slept soundly and deeply.  

Slipping out of Ju Long's embrace, she quietly slips on a red silk robe.  She then walks inside of the bathing room and prepares the bath tub for a morning wash.  When Sya walks back into the room, Ju Long, in all his glory is standing next to the bed and looks as if he was in a panic.  

"Is everything alright?" Sya asked as she walked towards him. 

Immediately, Sya is engulfed in his arms as he holds her closely to his chest, burying her head next to his beating heart.  

"I woke up and didn't see you or feel you next to me.  For a moment, I thought yesterday was all a dream."  Ju Long said as he held on to her tighter.  

"It wasn't a dream."  Sya said as her arms comes up to hold him as well.  "If it was, I dreamt it as well and it was a wonderful dream that became our memories." 

Ju Long pulls back to stare down as Sya.  His stormy grey eyes searches her sea blue eyes for a moment before breaking out into his cheshire smile.  

"Wife is only sweet towards Husband!"  Ju Long said excitedly.  "My Sya can only be sweet towards me!" 

Sya scoffed at his possessiveness and gently pushed him away.  

"Come let's take a bath." 

Ju Long's cheshire smile became even more prominent as he followed his wife into the bathing room.  

------------

After getting dressed they walked out of the room to find Ai blocking Hideo's way.  He had gotten to the top of the stairs and was now in an argument with Ai.  

"You dare block my way!"   Hideo said heatedly.  

"Yes, this Ai does!  Do you want to eat at Baozahi in the future?"  Ai threatened him again.  "If you do, then please wait downstairs, my Lady has not risen up yet and is not ready for company!"  

"You dare threaten me in my own land!" 

"Yes, this Ai does!  Should you make my Lady mad, she won't cook for you ever again, even if your her new Grandfather-in-law!  It only takes one time to make her angry and once she is, you're done for!  No more food for you!"  Ai told him.  "Forever!  Once she decides something, she doesn't take it back. Ever!"  

Hideo's red face became pale at the thought of never eating Sya's food ever again.  What would he do?  Live the rest of his life in regret while eating sub par dishes?  No!  He would rather die of starvation!  

"Miss Ai is right."  Hideo quickly agreeing with Ai.  "Grandfather should just wait patiently downstairs until they are ready to come downstairs."  

Hideo quickly turned around and when his foot stepped on the first step, from behind him he heard the opening and closing of the door.  Hideo quickly whipped around to see his beautiful and talented Granddaughter-in-law.  His face quickly rose up in a smile as he quickly pushes Ai to the side and holds Sya's hands in his.  

"Granddaughter!"  Hideo said happily.  "You're finally awake!  My Ju Long didn't hurt or slight you last night, did he?  If he did, tell Grandpa and Grandpa will punish him!"  

"What we did last night is none of your business!"  Ju Long said as he pulled Sya's hands out of Hideo's grasps.  "Leave my Wife alone, you are bothering us too early in the morning!"  

"You unfilial brat!"  Hideo said as he tried to hit Ju Long on the head with a quick slap.  But Ju Long had long expected his movement and blocked his hand from landing on Ju Long.  "You dare block my hand, when I'm just trying to teach you manners, you brat!" 

Soon the Grandson and Grandfather had forgotten about Sya and started to fight.  Ai comes and stands next to Sya and watched along with her as the two attack and block each other.  

"Thank you."  Sya said as she stopped looking at her husband and grandfather-in-law and turned towards Ai.  "For making me remember that I have a heart."  

Ai's eyes quickly watered as tears fell down instantly.  "It was always there, my Lady, it was just hidden too deeply. If you didn't have a heart, you would have left all of us behind to face that horror alone along time ago."