A Meeting of Wei

When Ju Long arrived home, he sent his three guards to arrange his wedding with Sya so everything would be finished by tomorrow.  Ju Long immediately went to his Grandfather's courtyard and walked in without Steward Bo having time to announce his arrival and permission to enter.  

Ju Long walked inside with the trailing steward, two servants, and two maids.  Their hurried steps couldn't keep up with Ju Long's long strides.  

"Young Master!"  Bo said as he wiped his forehead.  "Please wait for this servant to announce you." 

"No need!"  Ju Long said as he took the stairs two at a time into his Grandfather's house. "Grandfather loves surprises and I have the best surprise for him!"  

Ju Long made his way inside and heard his father argue with his grandfather.  

"How dare you deny my son this small request!"  Ken shouted.  "Naoko, has never done anything wrong to you and yet you deny him this small request!"  

"That 'small' request is for me to let the test commissioner for the government test, who happens to be a very close friend of mine, to let him know that Naoko is my grandson and to look after him!"  Hideo said as he talked boredly.  "If that is not a sly way of telling, Minister Milka to give Naoko an advantage over the other test takers, I don't know what is!?!" 

"It is just a simple introduction!"  Ken shouted louder.  

"It's a sneaky way of using my name and connections to get ahead in life, that's what it is!" Hideo said as he looked down with disgust over the cold tea in his hand and signaled for a freshly brewed tea to replace his cold tea.  "Did you not promise me that Naoko would get first place with his brains alone?!  If that is the case, then why do I have to do this for him?  Why can't he become first with his own two hands and his own head?  Why must I say a word to Minister Milka?" 

"Because your son ask you for this small favor!"  

"And this Father said no."  Hideo said.  "If you want me to chose Naoko as my successor, he'll have to stand on his own to show me what kind of a man he is.  If you want him to be the Head of Wei, why does he need my name, reputation, and connections to become an outstanding young man?  If you want me to see him as the next leader of the Wei Clan, he will need to stop holding on to your skirts and step away from your protective shadow and become that young, talented, smart man that you see he is.  For now, he is nothing, but a young, frivolous, wasteful grandson.  Who is spoiled, stubborn, and stupid."  

Ken slammed the teacup down and it broke.  Ken's hand started bleeding along with the tea.  

"Tsk.  Now you've gone and dirtied my table."  Hideo said as he sipped on the freshly brewed tea that the maid just poured for him.  "Call the doctor to come see to my son's hand."  

Hideo said those words out loud, but Steward Bo knew it was towards him.  Steward Bo looked at the servant that stood right behind him and the servant quickly left to get the doctor without even saying a word.  They did Steward Bo's orders without him even have to ask.  

"Now how are you going to cherish your wife with a damaged hand?"  Hideo said mockingly.  "Doesn't she like pretty things? Should there be a scar on you hand, do you think she'll let you touch her with that hand?"  

Ken glared hatefully at his father.  He could never see eye to eye with his Father.  Even as a young child and a boy growing up, everything he did could never be good enough to his Father.  He did everything his Father asked of him and it was never good enough.  It wasn't until he married his beloved, Xiu, that he finally woke up from his nightmare and started living for himself and his beloved Xiu.  

Ken gets up quickly from the table and wraps his bleeding hand with a handkerchief that his servant gave him.  

"My private life is none of your concern." Ken said.  "If you refuse to say a single good word to Minister Milka, then don't say it.  I will talk to him by myself." 

Ken turned and stopped in his tracks as he see's Ju Long standing in the doorway.  How long he has been there, Ken does not know, but after a slight hesitation he continues to leave in a huff.  There was something about his first son that gave him the chills.  Something about him that made him shiver in fear.  But because Ju Long was his son, he always shook of that chill and shiver with a harsh word or tone to remind Ju Long that he is the Father and Ju Long is the child. 

When Ken walked up to the door, Ju Long did not move.  His cold masked face stared down at Ken without an ounce of emotion.  Not even fear or acknowledgment in filial piety.  

"You dare not move?" Ken asked as he stopped to the side of Ju Long.  

"This son dares."  Ju Long said as he stared straight at Ken.  Taunting him with his eyes.  What pushed Ken over the edge was Ju Long's cheshire smile.  Ken could never tell what was going though Ju Long's mind when that smile came forth.  

Ken's fists came up to teach the impudent son a lesson, but Ken's fists that was aimed at Ju Long's face missed completely as if Ju Long dodged, but Ju Long seemed to have stayed in the same position the whole time.  Ken could not disconcern Ju Long's martial skills. He just knew Ju Long had long surpassed his martial prowess, but to be this strong at such a young age, scared Ken.

"Would you like to try again?"  Ju Long asked as he taunted Ken further.  

Knowing that he would lose face again, Ken humphed and walked around Ju Long.  But before he left, he turned around and let Ju Long know his place.  

"Naoko will become Head of Wei.  And in the end, you'll not have a place here in Wei. He'll make sure to kick you out of the Wei Clan and write you off of our ancestry books."  Ken said with a smile on his face as if he couldn't wait for that day to arrive.

"The day Naoko becomes the Head of Wei, I'll leave with my own two feet without looking back.  For it will be the end of Wei and I do not want to witness the fall of Wei."  Ju Long said back.  "And when I leave, those that want to come with me, will follow.  And those who want to stay, will fall with your son's guidance.  However, the moment I leave, I will not accept any regretful losers into my Wei Clan.  Only the strong Wei will survive along with me and that is all that matters." 

Ken clicked his tongue together before spitting on the ground at Ju Long's disrespectful words. 

"You DARE spit in MY house!"  Hideo shouted as he stood up.  

With a blink of an eye, Hideo took Ken by the collar and wiped his face where Ken spat at, then threw him out of his house like a dirty rag.  

"A grown as man such as yourself, disrespects his own Father by spitting in his house!  You might as well spit in my face, you unfilial bastard!" Hideo shouted as Ken landed on his bum on the bottom of the six stairs.  "And you wanted me to say a good word to Minister Milka about  Naoko, when the Father doesn't even have basic manners!  If you don't have manners, what kind of manners have you taught your son?!"  

Hideo closed the front door with a bang before locking the door tightly.  

"Now what do you want!"  Hideo asked grumpily.  

"Grandpa, this Grandson has prepared everything for your 90th birthday party.  Your birthday banquet for tomorrow will happen without any mistakes. This Grandson was even able to prepare Grandpa a great surprise present for Grandpa!"  Ju Long said as he smiled at Hideo.  

***************

Author's note:  

Wahhhh! That cliffhanger though!!!  *evilly laughs*  Anyways, thanks again to everyone who is reading this book and my other books!  I'll keep writing tonight as to not keep you guys in suspense.... b/c I might be evil, but I'm not that evil.... (some of the time) 

As always, remember my books are unedited with grammar mistakes.  English is my second language, so please forgive me of any mistakes!  [_(_ _)_]  -ptd 

P.S.  I just checked, Chasing Sya is ranked #25!  THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sending internet hugs and kisses to you all!