Debt In Hands (2)

Everyone shook in fear where they stood.  How could this young lady be so evil and malicious?  They all regretted following the Prime Minister and indulging the young lady.  For most of the guards that came were young and half in love with the young lady.  So when she complained that the people from Baozhai Restaurant treated her poorly and made her lose face, they volunteered to go with the Prime Minister to wreck the place and burn the restaurant down. 

However now that the tables have turned, they regretted so much of their foolish decision.  Their once pure, innocent, polite and virtuous young lady of the Note Clan had fooled them all.  They have now seen her true colors and found out about her little night escapades with her friends that they now questioned her purity and virtuousness.

"Hand or death?" Sya asked the closest guard.  The young man flicked his head up to look at the young woman.  His mouth opened to plead for mercy, but Sya shook her head no.  "Hand or death?"

The young man began crying.  He was a guard.  His hand is his life.  Without it, he would be useless.  How would he make a living after this?  Was it better to die?  But death was a scary thing to think about.  He was still young.  He wanted to live. 

The young man slowly raised his hand and with the cold white blade, it flicked quickly over his wrist.  The blade cut through his hand like a hot knife through butter.  The hand fell down with a thunk as the man screamed as he watched were his hand use to be, is now empty. 

Everyone watched in horror as Sya moved down the line of guards, then maids, then nurses.  No one chose death.  They all chose to leave behind their hand so they can live.  Everyone screamed and cried as they held onto their arm that was now missing a hand.  Some of them were smart enough to wrap their shirt or a cloth around the wound and tied it tightly with their hand and mouth.

"Please!"  Peter pleaded.  "Please!  It was my mistake!  You're right.  I should have disciplined my daughter more.  I shouldn't have spoiled her.  It was my mistake to come here with ill intentions."

"Hand or death."  Sya said sternly.  Her black eyes were demonic as she stared down at them. 

"For my crime against you and your servant, I'll leave behind my hand."  Peter said as he knew no matter what he said to her, she would only take one of those two options from him.  But he must save his daughter.   "But my daughter.  She is still young.  She needs both of her hands.  Please spare her. I'll do anything.  Anything for you." 

"Anything?"  Sya asked as she raised her right eyebrow. 

"Yes!  Anything.  I am the Prime Minister, I have a lot of power.  I will do anything you ask if you spare my daughter from this fate."  Peter cried out. 

"Anything, huh."  Sya said as she thought it over.  "Anything I want?"

"Yes!"  Peter cried as he took advantage of her moment of mercy.  "I'll do anything you ask!"

"Should you fail or should you take your word back, I'll come back to collect what's owed to me and more."  Sya said as she bent down to his eye level.  "And when I come collect what's owed to me, I'll not leave one person or animal out of the debt you owe me.  Do you understand?" 

"Yes!"  Peter cried.  "I do. You have my word." 

"Very well."  Sya said as she stood back up. 

Peter sighed heavily as if he avoided the largest misfortune in his life. 

"Your hand."  Sya said to Peter.  "Or your death." 

Peter looked up at Sya in surprise as if she really would have forgotten about his hand.  Peter slowly drew out his hand, against his daughter's wailing for him not to.  It was her fault they were in this situation and now he had to pay for it with his hand and in favors to the Lady Sya. 

"You bitch!  You whore!  Don't you dare take my Daddy's hand!"  Ruby shouted as she tried to struggle against the pressure that held them in place. 

Sya's blade cut down on the hand and Peter's hand fell down on the floor with a loud thunk.  Ruby screamed and cried even louder, cursing Sya, Ai and Baozhai Restaurant. 

Sya stepped towards Ruby and back hands Ruby's face.  The power in the hit made Ruby fly into the table and chairs, pushing them down and apart from each other.  The wall stopped her body as she laid still. 

"You promised not to hurt her!"  Peter yelled. 

"No, I promised not to take her hand as payment tonight."  Sya said as she corrected Peter.  "Do you think I'll just stand here and listen to her curse at me?  Do you think I'll just let her disrespect me in my own restaurant?" 

Peter shut up immediately, swallowing her anger and his frustrations.  He was in no position to complain. 

"Remember your word, Prime Minister."  Sya said as she sat down on a chair in front of him.  "Remember well, what happens to those that tries to steal from me.  And remember, that I'll come collect the debt should anything I ask for is not fulfilled."

"I...I'll remember."  Peter said as he nodded up and down.  "I won't go against my word. I understand." 

"Go and never come back."  Sya said as she lets them all go from the pressure that she placed over them. 

What they didn't know was that Baozhai, with all of it's amazing decor to help clean, purify, gather and cultivate the qi around them and inside of them.  It also gave Sya and Ai an extra boost in their qi, for they built the restaurant to help them and their constitution get stronger faster. 

The people shuffled out of the restaurant slowly.  It took three people to help Lady Ruby up and carry her out of the restaurant.  Once they were alone again, did Ai slowly stand up and approach Sya slowly.  As if any quick movements would get her killed. 

"My lady?"  Ai asked worriedly.  "Did everything go well?  Are you injured?" 

Sya's shoulder's relaxed with Ai's touch.  Sya closed her eyes and when they opened again, they were a deep sea blue again. 

"I am fine."  Sya said as she stood up.  "I'm sorry if I hurt you." 

"No!"  Ai said as she shook her head no.  "My Lady did not hurt Ai. Ai is here to serve my Lady.  My Lady would never hurt Ai!"

"Stop calling me my Lady."  Sya said as she hugged Ai.  "I am just Sya now." 

Ai's eyes watered as she clung to Sya.  They have gone through hell to get here.  There was nothing that anyone could do or say to break them apart or make them turn against each other.  There was nothing they wouldn't do for each other.  Nothing that would make them waver. 

"Ai will start the bath for you so you can clean up."  Ai said as she pulled back.  "You smell like blood." 

"Em."  Sya said as she nodded her head and let Ai go. 

"Wife!"  Ju Long said excitedly from his seat.  "Husband missed you so much.  Why did you leave Husband behind?  Why didn't you let Husband go with you or let Husband help you?" 

Sya groaned inwardly.  Was there something wrong with the Duke's head?  There must be something wrong with him. 

"We're a team now!  You should let this Husband carry half of your burdens and worries. And share in your joys and happiness."  Ju Long said as he approached Sya.  "Seeing how you are dirty with dirt and blood, you have to go clean yourself up.  Let this Husband help you take a bath as well!"