Meeting Grandpa

"Granddaughter-in-law,  Grandpa has come to pay you a visit!"  Hideo called out loudly as he entered the restaurant with Ju Long and his three guards.  "Granddaughter,  Grandpa has come to taste your wonderful cooking!"  

Sya looked up from the kitchen window as she raise her right eyebrow.  The shameless man brought his shameless grandfather.  Ha!  What troublesome pair, what kind of trouble will they bring her tonight.  

"Wife!~~~~~~"  Ju Long said as he pushed his grandfather to the side and runs up to the kitchen window.  "I miss you!  Did you miss me too? The food you brought me was delicious! I'm sorry the guards turned you away when you came earlier today.  I have reprimanded them and they now know to not turn you away when you come visit Husband again."  

"Granddaughter!  It was my mistake for not teaching my guards well!"  Hideo said as he pushes his grandson to the side when he came up to the window.  "Granddaughter!  You must come visit me everyday and bring me lunch too!  Your food is the most delicious thing Grandpa has ever eaten, you must feed Grandpa everyday now!"  

"Grandfather!  Should Sya visits our home, she is visiting me, not you!  She will be feeding me, not you!"  Ju Long said as he pushed Hideo back, then he turned to Sya.  "Wife!  Husband wants to eat everything on the menu!  Cook it deliciously with love for Husband.  Husband is ravenous for Wife's love!"  

"Grandson!"  Hideo said as he bumped into Ju Long to push him back.  "Granddaughter is cooking Grandpas food first!  I am the Elder here!"  

"Since you are so old, maybe you have eaten enough already! You should leave some food for us young people!" 

"How dare you say that to me you unfilial brat!"  Hideo said as he begins to reach out to grab hold of Ju Long's collar and shake some sense into him.  

But before he could, they heard a loud whack of a butcher's knife hitting the cutting board.  Both of them stop bickering and turned to look at the beautiful woman inside the kitchen with her hands on her waist.  

"Go, sit down and be quiet before I kick you out for disturbing me!" Sya said as she glared at them.  "I can't concentrate with the two of you bickering like two old hens!"  

The both of them took two large steps back as they moved away from the kitchen window.  

"Grandson, you chose a ferocious wife as my Granddaughter-in-law!"  Hideo said softly, but everyone in the restaurant had heard him clearly.  "You did well in choosing her was your Wife!  Grandpa sees that Grandson has great eyes!" 

"Em!  Grandson does have great eyes to choose my woman correctly!" Ju Long boasted.  

They smiled at Sya before slowly turning around and walking to their table where Ju Long's three guards were already sitting.  When they sat down, Sya had already went back to cooking and Ai came up to block their view of Sya as she served them a fresh pot of tea.  

"Welcome to Baozhai Restaurant, Master Wei."  Ai humbly said as she bowed.  "This servant of Lady Sya greets you and hopes that my Lady's food is deserving of your praise."  

"Hahaha!  What a fine servant!"  Hideo said as he waved her to stand up.  "With such a glib tongue, I can only watch in envy that none of my servants are as talented and amazing as you!" 

"Master Wei is too polite."  Ai said as she bowed to them again.  "Ai will serve the food when it is ready.  For the time being, please enjoy the tea."  

Once Ai left Hideo immediately turned to Ju Long and rubbed Ju Long's head back and forth furiously as if he was still a young child.  Ju Long's hand comes up to brush Hideo's arm away before fixing his hair again. 

"My new Granddaughter is beautiful!"  Hideo said as he stared at Sya.  "I have heard many people talk about the calamitous star of a beauty, but to actually see her face to face, I do not see a calamitous star, but a lone star shining brightly by itself.  She must be lonely, to be suffering with just a young maid by her side, with no one to stand by her side, to be her shield."  

Hideo sighed heavily as he drank down the tea.  His eye widen in surprise as he looked into the teacup.  Even the tea had qi infused into it.  How was this possible?  

"That is why Grandson has chosen her as Grandson's wife."  Ju Long said as his eyes were glued onto Sya.  "Why is it that a Lady of her standing has opened up a restaurant and is running it by herself.  Where is her family?  Why is she alone?  Why does her eyes hold so much sorrow?"  

Ju Long stopped talking when Ai came over with both of her hands filled with four dishes.  She placed them on the table, arranging them before leaving and bringing four more dishes.  Afterwards she brings them two jugs of wine and leaves them alone to enjoy the food.  

"Granddaughter!"  Hideo said as he shouted from his seat from across the room, making Sya's head snap up to look at their direction.  His mouth was full of food as he talked.  "The food is delicious!  My Granddaughter is the most talented chef in the whole world!" 

Sya's eyebrow twitched at the shameless man and bent her head back down to continue cooking.  It didn't escape Ju Long's eyes that when Sya bent her head back down to go back to work, she had a slight smile that had formed on her lips.  That and the fact that when his Grandfather called Sya, Granddaughter, she looked up from working as if she accepted and acknowledged the name.  

Ju Long smiled because he knew he was getting closer to her.  No matter how long it might take her to welcome him into her arms and into her heart, he was willing to do so, with one step at a time, he will walk to her until he can stand by her side.  

***************

Author's note:  

Just one chapter tonight guys.  I have to get ready for bed because I have work tomorrow.  Starting a new job is exciting, but it can be overwhelming at the same time for me.  I'm not someone who's good at memorising people and their names, it takes me a long time to do so because I'm a total introvert and meeting new people makes me anxious.  Wahh!  Wish me luck!  

And as always, thanks for all the love and support.  Please like, comment and share.  Sending internet hugs to everyone.  Goodnight!  -ptd