Milano (2)

"So what if Father sent you here to bring me back."  Sya said as she looked down at those familar eyes that stared back at her.  All of the Demon Master's children, has the same dark sea blue eyes.  "Just because he sent you, doen't mean that you have to do what he says." 

"You should let me finish."  Milano said as he looked behind Sya. 

He could see the beautiful Ai with both of her blades out, ready to strike should Milano make a move aginst Sya.  His heart tightened at Sya's loyal servants.  How could Sya have so many loyal servants at her side and he have none?  His Shade Hunters and Maids all betrayed him at one point or another.  Giving him up to his siblings and tried ruining him secretly.  What is it about Sya that made her Shade Hunters and maid loyal to her? What does she have that is so different than him?  Inside, his heart tighten with jealousy. 

When they were younger, they were both favored by their Demon Father.  He praised them both for their talents, never showing the other more love than the next, never favoring Sya over him.  However, as she grew up, her beauty had caught Demon Father's eyes and all he could talk about was her beauty.  How it reminded him of her mother.  And inside, Milano started to resent Sya slowly, for their Demon Father never once mentioned his mother.  So when Sya asked him to help her escape.  Of course he would do it.  It would mean that he would no longer have to compete with Sya for their Demon Father's love, attention, and aproval. 

How wrong was he that once she left, their Demon Father would soon forget about her.  No, it was all he could think about.  From the moment she left, all their Demon Father could do was send his Demon Force to find his beloved, beautiful daughter who disappeared.  He refuesed to believe she ran away from him and he killed those that even suggested that she did.  His daughter was stolen, taken away from him.  She couldn't have run away.  She would never run away.  At least that's what the Demon Master thought.  

Finally after several years of evading the Demon Force and killing the scouts, they finally found her location, not because she was careless.  Because she started to leave clues behind.  A pattern that didn't seem like anything at the moment, but if you put it together, it would amount to a trail that lead straight to her. 

At every scene that Sya fought with the Deamon Force, she would scatter a white powder to make the bodies disappear.  That white powder was evidence that she was once there.  As long as one knew where to look, the white powder had residue that stayed behind, even after the wind blew it away and the rain washed the evidence away. 

It had been simple for Milano to follow the evidence.  He had eyes on her for the past week and had watched her so carefree with her life and her husband.  At first it disgusted him, how much she changed.  Because the Sya that he knew, was beautifully cold and deadly.  The person before him was a water down verison of the blazing sister he knew.  However as he watch her from afar, he noticed her smile.  Her laughter.  Her happiness.  Her love. 

Those feelings and words were something he never knew before and his heart felt as if there was a large rock that pushed on top of him and made it so he could hardly breathe.  And he hated her for it.  For making him feel this way.

"Father has sent me to bring you back."  Milano said once again.  "As your brother that had once helped you a long time ago.  This brother will help you again.  However..."  

Milano's eyes traveled to look over at Ju Long, before coming to rest on Sya. 

"You must kill your husband." 

Sya pushed Ju Long behind her as she blocked Ju Long's advance towards Milano.  Sya knew how deadly Milano is.  She didn't want Ju Long to risk his life fighting Milano. 

"What makes you think I'll need your help?"  Sya said as her eyes stared down coldly at Milano. 

"An army of 1 million are on their way here as we speak.  Your Shade Hunters would have seen this and are on their way back now as we speak.  I could of captured them at any time, but seeing how much you value them, I did not capture them due to our sibling bond."  Milano said in a matter of factly.  "Kill you husband and come with me now and that 1 million Demon Force will turn right back around.  If you refuse my goodwill, the Demon Forces will kill and burn everything in sight.  Every man, woman, elderly and child will die and burn along the way.  Those that you have known to care about and love shall perish.  Because you couldn't do this one simple request that I've asked of you." 

Milano stared at Sya as Sya was thinking through her options.  He knew she was trying to figure out a way out of this without  killing and death.  This side of her was what he liked and hated about her.  She was good at killing, but she hated killing. 

"Father will not let you go so easily.  I have thought, maybe after so many years away from where we were born, you would come back on your own, once you've gotten bored of this world."  Milano said as he looked around the opulent courtyard.  "But I must have thought wrong.  You're married now.  Starting a family?  Without Deamon Father's permission? How bold of you.  And now I must ask you to end this charade.  Before Demon Father ends it for you."

Sya's eyes held his as she thought over her options.  Sya closed her eyes and knew she only had one way to handle this.  One way to make sure that everyone she has ever loved and cared for, would be able to live freely and peacefully. 

Sya turns around and hugs Ju Long.  Beside his ear she whispers her last words of love to the man who has won her heart.  Who has given her a reason to live as a human once again.  Who gave her hopes and dreams of their future. She thanked him for choosing her as his wife.  She never regretted saying yes to him.  She kissed his cheek and pulled back.  As soon as she pulled back, Ju Long fell down to the ground as all his strength left his body.  Ju Long could only watch as Sya's ice cold qi blades appear from thin air.  The blades swung in a beautiful arch as darkness over came him.