Chapter 9 Day Of Fun

(Y/N) was playing with his violin when he heard his door chime.

"Come in" (Y/N) said cheerfully

"Hey (Y/N)" ruby said standing by the door "What-cha doing?"

"Oh just a little side project"

"Oh...want a cookie?" Ruby said smiling

"Yeah sure! Come in" (Y/N) said getting out of his seat.

"Thanks.." ruby said sitting down on a modest coffee table inform of his desk.

"Wow this is the first time you have a girl over" said a voice before a girl appeared infront of her with a fizzle

"Ahhh!" Ruby screamed jumping back

"Sorry rubes" (Y/N) sighed " this is my sister Aria."

"Hello...nice to meet you" Aria said joyfully.

"Why don't you go bother Gabriel he's playing video games anyway"

"Ok see you later lil bro!" Aria said before vanishing.

"Sorry about her she really loves company, well what can I help you with?"

"Well I just want to share a cookie with you since you're our neighbour" ruby said

"Well that's nice of you but I was just about to go to vale and hopefully find don't get lost (Y/N) laughs awkwardly.

"Oh I can show you around!" Ruby said joyfully "in fact I was about to go to a fair, want to join me?"

"Sure at least I won't get lost" (Y/N) said brightening up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruby groans as the ride they took to vale took a while longer to land.

"Wow you're really excited to go to this fair" you said with a chuckle.

"Yeah it ends today! I have been waiting the entire week to go, but yang ditched me and Weiss was busy studying!" She said recounting the memories of the morning

"Well you can't blame Weiss for not coming she hates crowds." You said.

"Oh we've landed! Come on! Come on!" She ecstatically cries.

"Well this is new I've never been to a fair before" you said as you looked around, game stores pack in-between the food stores, a large Ferris wheel, common to a carnival and other rides you would find in a amusement park.

"Oh then you'll love this! Over here" ruby said dragging him over to a shooting game. Exchanging a few coins for 5 bullets she promptly took aim before shooting however the bullet failed to find its mark.

After several more aims and misses ruby felt disheartened and began to break off from the stall."wait" (Y/N) said, picking up the gun he examined it before paying the owner for the same 5 shots. "Alright...the trick is...." shooting a teddy bear down "compensate for the gun movement, it pulls a little to the right every time it's fired so it throws off your aim."

Scoring several more hits the gatekeeper says
"Your aim isnt that bad kid" giving a huge bear and a tin of what looks like gumdrop, lighting up he popped a tin open and ate one before a satisfied look forms on his face.

"Jeez I didn't know that you liked that so much"ruby says giggling that his state.

"Here," you said dropping the bear on her shoulders "you looked like you wanted it."

"Can I?" Ruby asked estactically

"Well I did see you eye it" you said before pointing to another game "how about that one over there?" Taking her hand to lead her to the store.

"I uh...ok" ruby stuttered surprised at your renewed excitement.

Walking up to the stall he paid the stall owner and started playing the game.

"I'm gonna win, I'm gonna win!" (Y/N) said excited.

"No you're not no you're not!" Ruby said joining in the fun

After a intense game ruby managed to beat you by one point. "Yay! I won!" She said hugging the dolphin from the game.

"Yep you won" you said with a sigh "What do we do now?"

Ruby led (Y/N) by hand towards a stall on top of a hill, she points to one of the prizes in the wall, a module designed to be added to a weapon. 

"Well red I'll see what I can do Ok?" You said gently ruffling her hair before paying for the rounds. Picking up the cap gun you fires a shot in a specific direction to test the toy's accuracy
After starting your breath you managed to crack off all the shots with a deadly accuracy scoring the points to obtain the module.

"Here red" (Y/N) said handing over the module.

"Ohhh! Thank you thank you thank you!" Ruby said overwhelmed with joy and hugging you, before quickly peel away from you, mumbling "sorry" while blushing

"It's alright." You said "I'm hungry,want to get something to eat?"

"Yeah sure," ruby said before tossing the huge dolphin onto your chest and giggles

"Hey" you complained "how am I going to eat?"

"I'll feed you" ruby said with a smile."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After several hours of food and games (Y/N) and ruby began making their way back to the bullhead.

"Today was fun" ruby said smiling "thanks for accompanying me to the fair (Y/N)"

"Oh...yeah sure" (Y/N) said sitting down beside her "you know this is the first time in a long time I had this much fun"

"Really? There must be good times that you have back at home."

"Not really Starfleet is a very strict organisation fun only comes during shoreleave"

"Uh...Starfleet? Where in atlas is that?" Ruby questioned.

"I uh...a important part...of...uh...atlas" (Y/N) said laughing sheepishly.

"Hmmmm....ok" ruby said going no further in questioning him.

'Thank God she suspected nothing' you thought 'or else..."

Looking at ruby beside him he realised that she was slowly falling asleep on his shoulder, smiling he brushes her hair and waited for the ship to land.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carrying ruby was no easy task, sure she was lightweight, however the module and the toys were bulky and obstructive to your view. Somehow you managed to carry her to her dorm room, fiddling with your weapon that You managed to grab after a few acrobatic moves you slowly turned the dial to it's sonic frequency and mashed on the fire button. A whrill and a click confirmed the door's now opened state and revealing 3 very worried worried members of ruby's team.

"Hey..." (Y/N) whispered "placing her down on the nearest bed, "she fell asleep on the trip home"

"Oh...thank you" yang said calming down.

"Jeez that dolt forgot her scroll" Weiss whispering angrily "And we were so worried about her!"

"Yeah... well I think I should thank her, after all I haven't been to vale before," you said before turning to leave "this is the module she wanted and her dolphin, so I'm going to leave it here, goodnight ladies."

"Well...i don't think he's as bad as you think" Blake said after (Y/N) left

"Well yeah he's nice but I'm still not going to trust him" Weiss said.