Chapter 16 Straying off the path

You were taking a much needed break from all the stress in the recent week when ruby invited you to join her team for a walk around vale's docks to welcome the students from other kingdoms. Taking this opportunity to evaluate the capabilities of the other students Gabriel took out his tricorder and started widening the scanning field.

 "The Vytal Festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!" Weiss marvelled

"Yeah," you said, obviously not paying attention to what she had to say. "Totally awesome"

"Why isn't this exciting you guys?" Weiss said snatching the device from Gabriel's hands.

"Hey! Give it back!" Gabriel yelled snatching it back. "Thanks ice queen I'll have to do it again"

"Sorry about us," you apologised "we're caught up in our own thoughts"

"Really?" Weiss questioned. "What about?"

"Well I really want to compete in the festival," Gabriel began "but we only have 3 team members if you count his sister"

"And I don't." Aria said chirping over your intercom.

"Whoa." Ruby exclaimed as the team looks at a shattered window down the street and a door full of yellow caution tape of the Vale Police Force before walking over to the detective in front, who is writing on his pad "What happened here?"

"Robbery." The detective replied
"Second Dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle."

"That's terrible." Yang sighed sadly.

'Huh?' Ruby stood confused.

"Yeah, just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much Dust?"

"I don't know, an army?"

"You thinking the White Fang?"

"Yeah, I'm thinking we don't get paid enough."

"Hmph! The White Fang." Weiss said crossing her arms and pointing her nose in the air with her eyes closed "What an awful bunch of degenerates!"

"Im not so sure about that, but they are the only one with a hidden army." You said logging into the information the vale police network.

"You're not going to hunt them down are You?" Blake asked with concern

"Well I could but I haven't made a formal declaration of war against them." You assured her.

"Yet" Gabriel grumbled.

"Declaration of war?" Yang said looking at you.

"Oh yeah like that incident 3 years ago when we were against some robots and they managed to kill some of his crew and destroyed his ship? He sent a message to them before executing the battle plan against them causing the extinction of that species." Gabriel explained.

"He did WHAT?" Blake said raising her voice.

"Calm down I'm not going to do that, the faunus population of this world forms 40% of the people here." You said deactivating your holographic display. "Besides I always try diplomacy first."

"That still doesn't change the fact that the White Fang are a bunch of scum." Weiss said to Blake's growing anger. "Those Faunus only know how to lie, cheat, and steal."

"That's a bit of a broad statement isn't it?" Gabriel said

 "Hey, stop that Faunus!" A sailor called out from the docks, drawing the attention of the group. , A Faunus with a golden monkey tail is seen running down the length of the boat and leaping on to the edge as the two sailors are about to apprehend him.