Chapter 13 Mission Maintaince

Packing his equipment in a back pack (Y/N) heard a chime on the,stepping back he cheerfully called out, "come in!"

"Hey....(Y/N)" ruby said as she walked in.

"What can i-, oh right the treatment" you said as you reached for the device you used for her before. Seeing her brace herself for the pain, you look in amusement as she widen her eyes, surprised that she felt no pain.

"But...why is there no pain?" She said in surprise

"Well I changed the normal syringe so that it doesn't hurt people, it's called a hypospray." You explained.

"Ohhh..." ruby said

"Alright, I'll keep this case for you on the table, take 1 every day for another 3 days Ok?" You said smiling at her.

"Ok!" She said cheerfully "wait where are you going?"

"Oh ozpin sent me on a mission to repair a few modules scattered around redwood forest"

"Wow your first mission?" Ruby said "by yourself?"

"Yeah...gabriel is working on the cloaking field I gave him." You said zipping up your equipment bag before giving ruby a thin electronic pad. "Ok the access code to my room is on this tablet, you can come in using the buttons on the side of the door."

"Can't I just take the case out?"

"Well yes but I'm sure you'd like to poke around my small little lab for a bit don't You?" You said with a smile.

"Well I.. .do want to see what technologies you have." She said with excitement

"Good, I have a gift for you" you said picking up a slim module from his table. "Aira would help you to install it and train you in its usage."

"Ohhhhhhhh" ruby said with her eyes glistening

"Alright I'm going" you said before petting her hair

 "take care of yourself (Y/N)" she replied as her cheeks turn slightly pink.

"Ok!" You called out without noticing her blush

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the aircraft you begin final checks of your equipment before you prepared to leap off the craft.

“We’re approaching the drop off point,” the pilot announces, flicking a few buttons.

Briefly linking your combage to the pilot's headset you said a thank you as you stepped off the craft and began your descent. The air hit you in the face as you slowly faced the ground, letting the wind whip through your hair you slipped on a headset and activated it. Powering up, the device displayed a calculation of the distance from the ground as well as a flight monitoring system. With the last few digits running out you assumed a landing position and arrived without a scratch.

"Inertial dampners online" a voice patched through the intercom "not bad, your last 'landing strategy' really strained the dampners"

"Thank you aira, I'm glad that the beacon tower covers this position."

"Indeed, the sensor network is about 2.3 kilometres away from here I marked the spot on your HUD."

"Thanks sis." You said as you begin the hike towards the module.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------