Chapter 11 Dire Straits

As the red leaves cascade down from the Gray trunks (Y/N) sighs and rests his head on his hands,clearly bored by the lecture glynda was giving to the students.

"Great so..." Gabriel said pointing to one of the plants. "That one's poisonous?"

A voice pops up on his ears "No but it could be used in a soup not sure if you can stomach it though"

"Why thank you Aria" grumbles Gabriel.

"Hmmm...jaune looks a little miserable with Cardin over there..." You observed

"Yeah just a little miserable" Gabriel said before collecting the sap. "wish I talked to him about that"

"Yeah well we can't do much" you said, "I'm going to take a stroll"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoying the scenery of the falls (Y/N) continued walking. listening closely to the sound of his classmates enjoying their time out of the classrooms, slowly he took out a
small, gray, hand-held device slim, scroll-like in appearance but however featured a large touchscreen interface. Silver in color, it was trimmed with black pads at the bottom and sides, with several buttons at the top. These buttons could be covered by a small hinged panel lined with indicator lights.

Opening the small hinge panel the device came to life as the interface displayed the characteristics of each plant ocassionally blinking red when shown to contain harmful substance.

"Great a few more things to incorporate into the medical database" you said to yourself before you heard a fight start nearby.

As you reach for your combage it beeped before Gabriel's voice came through "hey you got to see this! Jaune' s fighting a Ursa! Alone!" He said excitedly.

Tapping your badge you responded "and you're letting him?"

"Oh phyrra said it's cool!"

"I'll take your word for it then."

"Right, Halsey out" he said as the communicator cuts with a beep

Walking along in the forest you slowly begin to realise that there was a pair of eyes watching you. Activating your force lance you jumped with some assistance from your shoes doing a back flip and narrowly avoided a deathstalker charging towards you.

Opon landing on the ground you began firing everything you had at the deathstalker causing it to shift it's its attention back to you, deflecting the tail you moved swiftly to the side however without noticing the deathstalker managed to grab hold of the staff weapon, letting go you retreated a few metres before drawing another force lance from your back, activating it's sonic function you detonated the force lance held by the scorpion like creature scorching it's claw and rendering it useless.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hearing the blast from a distance Gabriel immediately tapped on his combadge and said "(Y/N) did you see that? (Y/N) please respond!"

"What's wrong?" Ruby said walking up to Gabriel.

"Ruby you're with me," Gabriel said before shouting out "Weiss! Get help (Y/N) might be in trouble!" Before sprinting in the direction of the explosion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changing the nature of your weapon you flicked your wrist before a thin plasma blade emmited from the tip, charging forward you performed a series of intricate maneuvers concentrating fire on its back before landing on the ground.

Just as you recovered a blinding red figure zipped pass you, and crashes head on to the deathstalker with a loud metal 'crash'. The figure was immediately recognisableas she speeds around and fires her gun.

A slight distortion appears beside you as a figure was hurled out of it at an equal velocity of the first one before it attacked the deathstalker counter clockwise.

"Glad to see that the fast drive system is working Gabriel" (Y/N) said.

"Yeah although it's a little temperamental." Gabriel replied. Before he stops to chop of one of the deathstalker's claw.

"Wrong claw Halsey I disabled that one with my lance just now" (Y/N) called out. Attacking the deatstalkers side.

"Would you both stop chatting!" Ruby interrupted, "I'm a little busy right now!"

"Sorry ruby" they both apologised before returning to the confrontation.

As ruby turns her attention back to the scorpion she realised she made a mistake as her course caused her to collide with the deathstalker's pincer, knocking her out. Seeing an opportunity the deathstalker lashed out with it's sting and pierced ruby slightly

"Ruby!" Gabriel shouted. Stabbing the eyes of the deathstalker out.

Without lost of your momentum you landed on the ground and caught ruby with your arm before leaping away from the next attack. Gently setting her down by a tree trunk you returned to the fight.

"(Y/N)! I'm sure you have a plan by now right?"
Gabriel said mid-battle.

"Yeah! A little bit!" You yelled back

"Want to tell me about it?!"

"Yeah! Ever seen a scorpion sting itself to death?!"

"No!"

"Then prepare to be amazed!" You yelled back jumping into the back of the Grimm. As the sting came down to attack you, you jumped onto its tail and stabbed the deathstalker with it's own tail.

As the Grimm begin to diappear you and Gabriel rushed back to where you set ruby down. Opening the device he used earlier, he scanned her to find that her vital signs were diminishing.

"Here I brought the field medkit" Gabriel said passing a small case over to you.

Opening the case you drew a small device from the case and pressed a small button at the top injecting the liquid into her body.

"Come on this isn't going to hold her for long" you said carrying her towards beacon.