Chapter 20 Sticky Situation

After one too many coffees in class you quietly drummed your fingers on the table as you tuned yourself out from all of professor port's incessant droning, counting down the seconds to the end of class. just as your internal clock struck 1600 hours weiss's alarm clock gives a shrill beep as it changes from 3:59 to 4:00, and she dismisses it with a wave of her hand. The professor is temporarily unaware of the alarm.

finally aware of the release of class the professor said "Timed that one wrong, I guess. Well, the stunning conclusion to this story will have to wait. Until next time!"

"great...next time" Gabriel grumbled.

"i'll see you later, i have to confirm that our project is on course." you told him before swiping your arm bringing up a display screen, typing in your desired destination your suit underneath the uniform activated, causing the gyros attached to your extremities to spin in a glowing blue light. Jaune paused his useless proposal to weiss to observe you, after you winked at ruby your body distorted, multiple versions of you erupted from your body before reintegrating, and then you vanished in a flash of light.

Appearing at the basement of the large academy you walked towards a large hull of the vessel you were constructing, you stood back to admire your work as a hologram flickered to life beside you.

"hey" it said, making its, no, her presence known. "how was class?"

"terrible" you groaned "that was worse than that time when i got bored from repairing a phaser emitter and built a chronometric toaster to toast bread after it's eaten."

"well you did scared the hell out of ensign Savikk" Aria giggled

"whats the progress of the 400?"

"well as you can see we completed the hull, you know, to specs"

"good" you said swiping your arm to call out the display

"you know you can walk right? you don't have to Jump everywhere."

"well i like it." you said before you Jumped out of the basement into team Rwby's dorm shocking everyone.

"Oh my oum!" Weiss screeched "can't you just walk?"

"Yes I can, but why should I?" You retorted.

"I...." Weiss began trying to find a valid point only to look like a lost puppy.

"Alright, let's get started" you said "everyone has their assigned tasks?"

"Ruby and I will head to the CCT and check the Schnee records for any other Dust robberies or inconsistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem." Weiss clarifies her role

"You know I could just pull up the link from atlas right?" You smirked

"How did you-" Weiss began angryily

"I suggest we focus on the task at hand" Gabriel said interrupting her.

"Right, The White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If I can get in, I can hopefully find out what they're planning." Blake said

I have an old friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale." Yang said "Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard..."