chapter 17 Second Engagement

"Have you found her yet?" Weiss said tapping her foot on the pavement.

"Would you like to have a try on this?" You said in irritation.

"You're not helping" Ruby said.

"Oh! You know what might be able to help? The police." Weiss said.

"Come on they can't even catch roman torchwick, what makes you think they can find Blake?" You snapped

"Neither can you"

"Well if you didn't trigger her I wouldn't be combing the street inch by inch would I?" You said "and I was going to spend today taking full control of the CCT...Hi penny."

"Hello (Y/N)" penny said glowing.

"Aaaah! Penny! Where did you come from!?" Ruby said jumping backward.

"Hey guys! What are you up to?" Penny asked ignoring the previous question.

"We're looking for our friend Blake." Yang said.

"Ooooh, you mean the Faunus girl!" penny said causing the girls to look at her.

"Wait, how did you know that?" Ruby said with surprise.

"Uhh, the cat ears?" Penny said it as the most obvious thint in the world.

"Wait" you interjected "So instead of me scanning all of you and comparing her base genome and comparing it to a cat's genome identifying a match and crodd checking it with the white fang's database I just had to turn on my infra-red lenses and see her CAT ears?"

"Yeah!" Penny said.

"Oh my god how stupid was I?" You said banging your head against a lamppost.

"It's ok (Y/N) We didn't know either."

"So, where is she?" Penny asked.

"We don't know. She's been missing since Friday."

"Well, don't you worry Ruby, my friend! I won't rest until we find your teammate!"

"Uh, that's really nice of you, Penny, but we're okay! Really! Right, guys?" Ruby said trying to garner support from her teammates, only to realise that they disappeared. Except for you

"Wait..." you said looking at ruby "was I suppose to run away with them?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, Blake is your friend?" Penny asked, curiosity filled her voice.

  "Yes, Penny." Ruby sighed  

  "But you're mad at her?" penny continued prodding her with her investigation

  "Yes. Well, I'm not. Weiss is." Ruby elaborated

 "Is she friends with Blake?" 

  "Well, that's kind of up in the air right now..." 

 "But why?" 

   "Well, you see, Blake might not be who we though she was..." 

 "Is she a man?" Penny gasped

would you be able to see if shes a man?" you asked as you continued to scan penny.

"i'm afraid not, it is not within my parameters" penny said before covering her mouth

"ah ha!" you exclaimed excitingly " you're an android!" 

"wait what?" Ruby cut in, confused 

"No im not!" penny said as she hiccupped.