C H A P T E R 1 6

Don't feel guilty for doing what's best for you.

The next day was better than the previous one. My ankle was better and I was able to walk around, although I was still kind of limping while walking.

While rummaging through my vast wardrobe for something simple and comfortable to wear, while I was still in just a towel, I felt something cool and hard beneath my fingers in one of the drawers. I grabbed onto it and pulled it out. It was my phone. It was still the same. The cracked screen and scratched plastic cover was still intact and I preferred it that way for some weird reason. I had almost forgotten about my phone in there. Mrs. Jenson had told me the day she showed me my done up room that it was placed in one of the drawers. And then I completely forgot about it.

My eyes widened. It has been more than a week since we were kidnapped. And with the phone, I had completely forgotten about Mrs. Odin. Oh my God, she'd kill me.

I quickly switched on my phone, it's battery indicating that it had only about three percent charge left.

I pushed myself off the floor and pulled out another drawer where I was sure I would find charging devices of almost every gadget. I pulled out a random charger from it, which looked like it would fit my phone. Sure enough, it did and I put my phone on the nightstand, plugging it to the socket to let it charge.

Realizing I was still in the towel, I hurriedly took out a crimson off shoulder top to go with a pair of black jeans.

I combed my hair, easing out the tangles and set it free on my back. I walked to the door, ensuring it was locked. Then I rushed back to my phone, taking it off charging. It had managed to go up to fourteen percent charge.

Nonetheless, I scrolled through my five or some contacts that I had and clicked on Mrs. Odin's name. Thank God, I still had some call balance in my phone.

The phone rang for about thirty second before somebody picked up.

"Hello?" Mrs. Odin's familiar weak and low voice greeted me and I felt like crying. I missed her.

"Mrs. Odin," I choked out.

"Julie?!" I heard Mrs. Odin gasp from the other end, "Julie, is that really you?" She asked, her voice shook as I assumed she probably was crying.

"Yes, Mrs. Odin. Yes, it's me Julie," I told her.

"Where have you been all these days?" She asked frantically. "You and Olivia never showed up after you left for that party. You didn't come on Sunday. Neither did you two for the whole week. I was so worried about you two. I called you so many times. I was afraid something happened to you. I called you both," she paused to sniffle. "Where are my girls? I visited your and Olivia's apartments too. But they were locked. When I asked the apartment owner, he told me that he had no idea where you were." She paused again and I felt my eyes moisten at the thought of Mrs. Odin going through so much trouble just to ensure we two were safe.

"I'm sorry," I said, suddenly bursting into tears. "I'm so sorry, Mrs. Odin. I didn't mean to worry you. Olivia and I, w-we're fine. Don't worry. And I'm so sorry we didn't show up for work. I know it must be hard it manage the café all on your own and-"

"Shut up, Julie. I'm not mad that you didn't show up for work. I'm mad because you didn't answer me when I called you to ask if you two were safe or not," she said.

That just made me cry harder. "We are fine. Yes we are. Don't worry. Mrs. Odin, please listen to me. We don't exactly know where we are but we are safe. And I'm not sure if I should tell you even though I trust you. But I can't tell you. Just know that we are caught in some really weird things and we're not sure when we'll get out of this. But we're okay and we'll be back, I promise. And please don't fire us," I pleaded.