E P I L O G U E

five years later

I bent down to examine it through the glass. It was beautiful but so were all the others. I nudged Olivia next to me.

"What do you think about this one?" I asked, hoping she could help me out with choosing something.

She examined it closely. "Like I said about everything you showed me, it's really pretty."

"That isn't helping me to choose only one!"

"Julie, how am I supposed to know which one is perfect? Everyone has different tastes and what I like isn't necessarily something that Ethan might like. You know him the best so you choose one."

I sighed. "Fine, fine." I looked at her hand to stare at her wedding ring glinting on her finger under the fluorescent lights.

"Hurry, we've been here for an hour now. I'm going to go sit down somewhere."

"God, I'm sorry. Yeah, sit somewhere. I'll make it quick and then we can leave."

"Thank you." She put a hand on her back and my eight months plus pregnant best friend dawdled over to a seat.

Okay, I had to make a choice. I looked at every piece again before finally settling on something I could picture Ethan wearing. I paid for it and I could say that it was worth the money spent.

"Okay, I'm done. Let's go."

"What did you choose?" Olivia asked as she stood up and we walked towards the exit.

I opened and showed it to her and she eyed it appraisingly and then nodded in satisfaction. " Beautiful," she commented. "When are you going to do it?"

"Tonight."

"Wow you really can't wait any longer, can you?"

"I waited for five years for this." I reasoned. "I think it's about time."

"True. I'm happy for you."

We arrived at the mansion and today was a special day. Everyone was gathered at the house for an impromptu family reunion but Ethan and I had to bail out sometime before dinner because today was even more special for us but Ethan didn't know that.

Tristan saw us and jogged towards us. "How are the twins?" He asked Olivia and she rolled her eyes.

"I stepped out for a few hours, Tristan. I'm fine and so are they." Ever since Olivia got pregnant again, he had been fiercely protective of both her and the twins growing in her. He believed that one of the twins was there first child which Olivia aborted returning back to them which wasn't biologically possible but I guess believing that somewhat put them at ease.

Tristan looked relieved and he smiled brightly at me. "Hey, Julie. Picked out something you liked?"

I nodded.

"Good luck for today!" He said. "We're going to hear some good news tomorrow."

"Thank you." I said. I went away to hide my purchase in my bag and Tristan escorted Olivia to a nearby couch.