C H A P T E R 4 3

❝Chase adventure.❞

Heather was present during dinner. She looked a little too dressed up for a simple dinner but when Ethan walked in, I knew the reason. They were going out to eat. They were going on a date. She didn't want to stay for long as they had reservations.

I could feel Ethan's eyes on me ever so often and it was hard to ignore what happened a few hours ago whenever we looked at each other. I could still feel his lips on my neck and the warm hug which was too good to pull out of.

Ethan looked as if he was about to say something to me but I didn't give him a chance to as I spoke. "Have fun on your date."

"Thanks," Heather said before grabbing Ethan's hand and dragging him out the door into their waiting car. We bid them goodbye.

The whole dinner I was distracted. My mind kept replaying our hug and his kisses on my neck and our almost kiss.

Soon Mr. and Mrs. Jenson started talking about Ethan and Heather and their wedding.

An unknown emotion burned in my heart but I didn't give a name to it. I didn't want to acknowledge it. Heather was the right girl for him. She was someone who matched his status. They were a perfect couple.

To take my mind off of them, I decided to spend the rest of the evening talking to Keith. I wasn't going to break my friendship with him just because of Ethan.

We talked about a lot of things but even he couldn't take my mind off of it once he asked me what happened after he left.

We spent a good two hours just talking about stuff and each others lives.

***

It was two days after Ethan and Heather's date. I woke up at six and made coffee for myself and sat on the couch where I found a morning newspaper.

What caught my attention was Ethan was on the front page with a big picture of him and Heather kissing on what I realized was their date. I instantly started reading the news.

Ethan Noel Evans, heir to tycoon Peter Evans' multi billion dollar business was spotted at a five star restaurant on a dinner date with his girlfriend of six months, Heather Ainsley.

They looked quite cozy and were caught locking lips many times. Friends of the much loved couple claim that they are very serious about each other and a wedding might be on the cards soon.

Fans of both are delighted at the news and many fan clubs across all social media platforms are hyped about the upcoming rumored wedding.