C H A P T E R 4 5

❝No longer two, but one.❞

A few days later, Tristan stormed inside the mansion. I was in the middle of my classes when there were loud knocks on my door. I frowned and was about to open the door when Tristan's angry voice confronted me.

"Juliet, what did you tell her?" Tristan demanded from the other side of the door.

I kept quiet. Did Olivia tell him that I told her about him?

"Juliet, open the door. I want to talk to you."

I still didn't say anything, hoping he would think I was not here.

"I know you're there. Don't think that just because you aren't speaking I'd think you aren't here."

Well, damn.

"What is it?"I asked.

"What did you tell her about me? Why is Olivia acting strange since our date? It feels like she's avoiding me."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Open the damn door."

"No, I'm busy. Let's talk later."

"Later when?"

"After lunch. Can you wait till then?"

Tristan didn't speak for a minute. "Fine," he huffed. "But I want answers today."

With that he walked away.

When I was done with my classes for the day just in time for lunch, I was scared to open the door and face Tristan.

I silently opened the door and padded down the hallways and into the living room. It was deadly quiet. What made it worse was the rest of Mr. And Mrs. Jenson couldn't make it to lunch today. Both of them wouldn't be around for lunch for a couple more days.

Even Ethan was busy with his work commitments as a result of his breaks in between to spend time with me.

I spotted Tristan at the table with Olivia at the farthest corner away from him. I already knew this was going to be very awkward. He was staring at her every now and then and she was 'busy' on her phone.

I took a seat two chairs away from Tristan. None of us said anything and the silence was deafening.  

Our food was served and I tried to concentrate on it. Olivia didn't eat much and after she was done, she left hurriedly for her room, throwing a quickly goodbye at both our ways. That traitor, leaving me here to face Tristan's wrath. I didn't even know what happened between them.

"I'm waiting," Tristan said simply.

"Waiting? For what?"

"Cut the act, Juliet. Tell me why Olivia's been ignoring me for the past few days since our date." Now that I was looking at him, he looked hurt more than angry.

"Well, did you do something on the date that she didn't like or didn't mean for something to happen?" I asked, subtly hinting at the kiss.

Tristan instantly turned red. "No."

"Are you sure?"

"We kissed. But she seemed to like it. I don't know what I did wrong."

"Are you really sure that's what happened?"

"Yeah."

"Then explain how you two ended up kissing each other when Olivia only wanted to kiss your cheek."