C H A P T E R 4 6

Before she says I do, let's have a drink or two.

As weeks passed, Heather and Amelia's excitement for their friend's wedding knew no bounds. If I hadn't known better, I would've assumed it was their own wedding.

We were in California now, two days before the wedding.

Two weeks ago was the bridal shower which was attended by everyone. After that event, we were all too busy arranging a bachelorette party for the bride-to-be.

Heather and Amelia had said that a simple one is what Brooke would prefer so they had booked a nice resort along the beach for the weekend which was about two hours or so away from the hotel we were staying at.

A lot of planning went into the party. We booked a stretch limo for two days and Heather looked after the decorations at the resort. Amelia was tasked with coming up with fun activities and games to play during the party.

Apart from myself, I knew six of the fourteen girls who were going for the bachelorette party. Among those who I knew were Olivia, Heather, Amelia, Ashley, Rachael and Rebecca. Those who I didn't know were Brooke, Claire, Vanessa, Zara, Pipa, Ruth, Eliza and Callie.

Thankfully, apart from Brooke Juliet never met any of the other seven girls.

At the day of the party, everyone had decided to meet up at Brooke's mansion at around four and then from there we'd go to the resort.

When we reached, I saw that there were two cars already parked in the driveway out of which seven girls stepped out.

We met up with them and together we entered the sprawling mansion. It was as grand as the mansion owned by the Jenson's but it had a different style to it, still elegant nonetheless.

Amelia introduced me to the seven girls. She told me that Claire was Brooke's best friend in high school but they got separated due to college and Vanessa and Zara were in Claire's college so they became friends there. Pipa and Ruth were Brooke's friends from her college and Eliza and Callie were the friends she made during the time when she was struggling to make her dad's old company dealing with manufacturing of engineering goods and services stand up to its original position in the charts where it was years ago when she was just a kid. I admired how all her friends were there when she had nothing and still were when she had everything.

A woman who looked to be around mid-twenties greeted us in the living room. She was wearing a crop top and palazzo. All the girls flocked to her and she hugged each and every one while asking how they had been. There was a man next to her who had his arm latched around her waist but she had to push him off to greet the girls.

So they were Brooke Parker and Brian Smith.

They chattered excitedly and congratulated them on their upcoming wedding. When it was my turn, the woman gave me a tight hug and asked me where I disappeared off to for nearly two years.

"I was going through a hard time and needed a breather," I told her.

"But didn't you run away because your parents refused to buy a boy for you?" She asked and Brian chuckled next to her.

"N-no! I was stupid, I did ask them to buy a boy at that time but that wasn't the reason why I ran away." I turned red as everyone chuckled at my expense.

"Oh but Mrs. Charlotte told me that you ran away because of that boy." Brooke jabbed an elbow into Brian's side softly because he was snickering next to her and wasn't being subtle enough.

"I never told anyone the real reason apart from my friends. So they just assumed that it was because they didn't buy the boy for me."

Brooke chuckled and squished my cheeks together while Brian ruffled my hair. "You really are something."