C H A P T E R 6 6

Trust the timing of your life.❞

"Ahhhhhh."

"Oh yeahhhhhhhh."

"Harder!"

"Faster!"

"Ah fuck."

"You've got to stop moaning like that. If someone were to hear you, they might get the wrong idea." Ethan said, while his hands worked magic on my bare skin.

"I know. But you're making me feel so good. I can't help it." I said as my fingers bunched up the bedsheets.

"At least don't be so loud!" Ethan panicked, visibly embarrassed.

I chuckled. "Okay, I'll try. You keep up what you're doing."

After we had dinner and decided to go to our cabin, Ethan noticed my neck and back muscles were still sore so he offered to massage it for me and that was why I couldn't stop moaning. He could be a good masseur.

"Does it hurt?"

"Yeah a little."

Ethan kept massaging my back and neck for a long time after which I started to feel guilty for making him do it.

"That's enough. Thank you."

"Are you sure? I can do it for some more time."

"No, it's alright. I'm fine now."

He stopped. "Okay. I'll go get ready for bed."

I pulled my shirt back on over my bra and stretched a little, wincing when I realized it still hurt a little to move around.

When he was done, it was my turn and I went inside with my bag of toiletries.

After I was done, I came out. I didn't have any plans for what we were going to do the next morning so I assumed we would just have breakfast and then call up the driver to pick us up. We both were not in the condition to do any other activities anyway. I hoped that his sprain wasn't anything major and that he could go to work comfortably from Monday.

Ethan was sitting on the edge of the small bed, bent over his phone. I suddenly realized that the bed wasn't as big as mine and that we would have to sleep close.

I realized I made a mistake. When booking a cabin, for some reason, I only booked one. Why hadn't I considered if Ethan would be comfortable with this or not? Why had I assumed that he'd be okay with sharing a bed with me?

It wasn't like we were doing it for the first time. But this time it was different. Our feelings were defined. We liked each other. Plus, hadn't he said no intimate contact?!

Cursing myself in my mind, I looked at him. He hadn't noticed my presence.

"Ethan." He looked up at me. "Will you be okay with sharing a bed with me? I just booked this one room with this small bed. I made a mistake."

"It's alright. I'm okay."

I wanted to bring up his no contact policy but held back.

"Okay, let's go to sleep?"

He nodded. "Let's. It had been a long but fun day. We should rest."

I switched off the lights and the lamp on the nightstand and suddenly we were engulfed in complete darkness.
I felt around for the bed, hissing in pain when I stubbed my toe on one of its legs.

"Are you okay?" He peered into the darkness but I doubted he was able to see me.

"Yeah. I am." I said as I quietly slipped under the covers.