C H A P T E R 7 3

It's the unexpected that changes our lives.❞

SURPRISE!

ETHAN'S POV

I thought I'd never fall in love. I always thought it'd take a lot of time for me to fall for someone. But with Juliet it was so easy. I hadn't even realized I was falling until it hit me during Brian and Brooke's wedding.

Initially I just liked her. Then more. Then more and then finally it couldn't be anything more but love.

I realized it during all those dates she took me on. She cared and she remembered everything I told her, even the things that I forgot that I told her. No woman had ever started with hating me, to making peace with me, to taking me on adventures I never got to experience, to making me fall for her. No woman had ever given me a piggyback ride, except maybe my mom when I was little.

As I watered our little flower garden I couldn't help but smile at the thought of her. I bent down and observed the plants. They were starting to sprout tiny buds which would turn into beautiful flowers in a matter of days. I took out my phone and captured a picture of our entire flower garden. Then I swiped to the previous pictures I'd taken everyday after watering them. The growth made me happy.

I slipped the phone in my pocket and took a few moments to admire our work. I wiped some dirt off of the plaque which held the words 'Juliet And Ethan's Flower Garden'. We had made the board because we wanted to make it more special and exclusive to us. Under the words, Juliet had made a comical danger sign with the skull with tiny words warning to not touch our 'children'.

After I put away the watering can, I made my way inside the house.

I saw Juliet coming out of Olivia's room with a tray in her hands.

"Did she finish eating everything?" I asked.

She smiled brightly and nodded. "Yes, she ate everything and is looking better than before. She even took her medicines without much fight."

"That's good. I'm glad she's getting better."

"Yeah. Where are you coming from?"

It was a Sunday and I was feeling lazy and happy. It felt nice to not work everyday. "I was watering the plants."

She pouted. "I've not been looking well after my children."

I chuckled. "I'm looking after them for the both of us." I said, showing her the picture I clicked a few minutes ago.

"Wow. They are growing nicely."

Her eyes had a bright twinkle in them and for a moment I couldn't look away from the joy in her eyes. She had beautiful long lashes and sometimes I found my eyes following the movement when she blinked which was a little weird and creepy.

But then her smile dropped and her once bright eyes dimmed into a dull shade and I wanted nothing more than to bring the twinkle back.

"What's wrong?" I frowned.

"What if I forget to water them when you leave?" She stared down sadly at the picture.

"I'll call you everyday to remind you."

"What if I'm too lazy?"

I let out a laugh. "Even if you feel lazy I know you'll still get up and water them and send me a picture everyday."

She smiled but it didn't quite reach her eyes. "You're leaving next Sunday, aren't you? And today is the party." Her expression turned grim. "I'll miss you."