7

Haru's POV

"I can't believe after eating your lunch, and having a dessert, you're still hungry." I said, amused. "I have a big appetite!" Naruto mentioned with a grin, and continued to eat his food.

My elbow was propped up on the table and my hand rested on my cheek as I watched my son happily enjoy his food. I ordered some ramen as well while I listened to Naruto tell me about the team he was placed on and about how he would meet his jonin teacher after lunch.

"Yeah, and with Sasuke in the way, I won't be able to get close to Sakura!" Naruto complained as he ate his ramen. I gave a small frown when he mentioned Sakura. "I honestly don't see what you see in Sakura, Naruto." I said.

"Mmm mmh mmm?" Naruto said, his voice muffled. I giggled and grabbed a napkin for his face. "Don't talk with your mouth full, silly." I said as I cleaned his face since it was covered in broth. Naruto swallowed his food and repeated what he said. "Sorry. I said, what do you mean?"

"Sakura isn't the right girl for you. She doesn't even like you." I said, feeling bad at how I was telling him this.

"Nah, I'm sure she's just playing hard to get." Naruto denied. "Naruto, she thinks you're selfish and bratty. She doesn't even feel the same way about you. I'm telling you, you can find someone way better than Sakura." I insisted. 

Naruto gve a face of disappointment and looked down. "Sakura... really said that?" He asked. "I'm sorry, Naruto," I said, giving him a hug. "But hey, I think I know someone who you might like." 

"Who?" Naruto asked, breaking the hug looking at me. "Hinata Hyuga." I answered. "Hinata Hyuga?" Naruto groaned. "Do you have a problem with her? I think she's nice." I said.

"She's okay, but I have no idea why she gets all shy and embarrassed every time I look at her. It's kind of weird." He said as he leaned against the table.

"That means she likes you, Naruto." 

"What?! She really does?!"

"Of course she does. I'm surprised you haven't noticed yet." I giggled. "Hmm... I don't know." Naruto said. "Oh, come on, Naruto. At least give her a chance. You should never judge a book by its cover." I said.

"Yeah, I remember. You told me that like, a hundred times," Naruto mentioned. "So...?"

Naruto quickly sat up and crossed his arms over his chest as he hummed to himself with his eyes closed. "Okay, I'll try," Naruto made up his mind. "But what should I do?"

"Ask her to out on a date." I suggested. "A date? How do I do that?" Naruto asked. "Let me take care of that." I said with a closed-eye smile.

"Really? You would set me up with Hinata?" 

"Of course. Whatever makes you happy." I said as I opened my eyes with a soft smile. "You're the best Mom ever! You so totally rock!" Naruto cheered as he hugged me. "I have no idea what I'd do without you!"

I smiled again and placed my hands over him. "Come on, you're supposed to meet your jonin teacher, right?" I asked. "Oh, yeah! I totally forgot! I better go!" Naruto drank the rest of his broth and ran off. "See you later, Mom!" He called. 

I smiled and waved to him as he ran off. "I think that's the biggest smile I've seen from him yet." Teuchi said. "He's certainly grown." Ayame commented. "Mm-hm. My little Naruto sure is growing up fast." I replied. 

I took a sip of my tea and frowned slightly. "What's wrong, Haru? You seem troubled." Teuchi noticed. "Oh, it's nothing." I said, setting my tea down on the table. "Are you sure?" Ayame asked. I stayed quiet for a moment.

"After Naruto talked to me about who was on his team, I have to say, I was quite unamused." I admitted. "Unamused? What do you mean?" Teuchi asked. "I thoroughly observed Naruto's teammates and Sakura is the one I hate the most." I mentioned.

"Sakura? Sakura Haruno?" Ayame asked, in which I nodded my head. I locked my fingers together as I remembered about how she talked badly about Naruto.

"She's a bratty little girl who whines to get what she wants. She's annoying, arrogant, selfish, rude, and ungrateful little bitch," I said, coldly. "Haru!" Ayame said, shocked as it was the first time she's heard me insult anyone like that. 

"Pardon my language, Ayame. But I just..." I sighed softly. "I don't want to see my son get hurt. I just want him to be happy." 

"Naruto's going to be just fine, Haru," Ayame said as she placed her hand on my shoulder for reassurance. "I promise." 

After I had my tea, I took a walk until I heard someone call Naruto's name, then I heard whining. "Huh?" I looked towards the roof of the academy and saw a man sitting against the railing. "Who is that?" I mumbled.

He could fall off the railing sitting like that. "Perhaps I should go up there and inform him." 

I wall-jumped off the walls of the buildings until I was on the roof of the academy. "Mom?! What are you doing here?!" Naruto yelled. "I heard someone call your name. Are you all right?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit heartbroken." Naruto said, disappointed. 

"Don't be so dramatic." Sasuke said. "Shut up, Sasuke!" Naruto yelled at him. "Um... Who might you be, if I may ask?" The man wit silver hair said. "Haru no Hana. It's a pleasure to meet you," I greeted, politely. "You must be Naruto's sensei, correct?"

"Yes. My name is Kakashi Hatake." The man introduced. 'Ah, the son of the White Fang.' I thought to myself. "Well then, Mr. Kakakshi. Please take care of my son while he's on your team." I requested with a polite bow.

"Son? You're Naruto's mother?" Kakashi asked. "Yes." I confirmed with a closed-eye smile. "Wait... Naruto has a mother?! You're his mother?!" Sakura said in shock. "That's right." I said with a nod.

"And I should have the both of you know... Sakura Haruno, Sasuke Uchiha," My smile faded as I looked at them with a deadly gaze. "If you dare try to hurt my son, I will make your lives miserable. That's a promise." I threatened in a cold voice.

"Uh... Mom? Did you have to say that so creepily?" Naruto asked. "Forgive me, Naruto. But you can't blame a mother trying to be protective of his son," I giggled, innocently. "Oh! I'm sorry! Was I interrupting something? I'm terribly sorry!" I said as I bowed my head apologetically.

"It's fine. We're actually done here, anyway." Kakashi said. "Oh. In that case, Naruto, let's go home." I said, smiling at him. "Yeah!" Naruto agreed, happily as he jumped to his feet. I held out my hand to Naruto, in which he grabbed it, and we started walking home together.